Lumia 920 Screen Flickering - Backlight issue?

Cpfoxhunt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

A quick search reveals nothing specific about this, so it seemed worth asking.

My screen seems to flicker sometimes, and it is more noticeable the lighter the colour displayed on the screen (so very noticeable on the lock-screen and the 'games' folder for example). Auto brightness is off, and I have done a soft reset and a power off in a fully darkened room, which has not fixed the issue. I think it may be the backlight strobing very quickly for some reason, as when the screen dims (when I leave the phone on the lock screen), the flickering disappears.

The flickering is not always present, but when it is it is very irritating.

The handset itself is brand new today, as it was replaced by my insurance. Is this a hardware issue? Or can I fix it by mucking about with the software/ doing a hard reset etc?

Cheers for any advice!

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I too have the same glitches, but usually when I am sending an SMS and not every time, maybe every 10th SMS I send, and this can only be seen on the keyboard. The flicker lasts shorter than an eyeblink, so I haven't been paying attention to it.

Cpfoxhunt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine is more of a constant flickering, lik e a high frequency strobe light, so it sounds like they could be different issues?

kannanap

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
i do opened a new L920 (made in feb2013) it does have that sceen flickering problem........nokia employee accepted the issue and replaced another device

Lumia920_78

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue, I noticed it a lot when I had the music hub opened. I just bought the Lumia 920 in red a couple days ago, and went to Rogers today. They said it was defective and gave me a new one... I'm wondering if the screen brightness may be related to Nokia's latest update for display+touch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium