Lumia 920 LED Flash Fail

mwgeek

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Camera settings have flash always on, setting for focus assist light turned on and I cannot get the led on the 920 to turn on. I also downloaded a flashlight app from the store that should turn on the led and it does not help either.No hard drops that I can recall, have all updates (portico) that have come through ATT. Anyone else have this issue? Hard reset is probably the next step if no other ideas.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue on my old Red one, it had other issues also and was ultimately replaced. The issue is with the contacts behind the flash. It has 2 little metal prongs that in my case needed to be bent upward a touch to make contact again. I'm not sure what caused my issue in the first place, possible mfg defect or I also notice my flash could be pushed in a bit and maybe that caused them to bend down a bit. If your phone is working great otherwise, you could try taking it apart (very simple process) or else you will just need to get it replaced as it, if like mine, is a hardware issue.

mwgeek

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Conversed w @nokiacareus and they advised me to take it to point of purchase for replacement, att had me in and out in 30 mins w little hassle. Def was a hardware issue. On to big red number 2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos