Anybody else frustrated with Beats Audio?

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I love Beats Audio on my 8x...but ever since the Portico update I have to unplug and replug in my headphones to get it to work. Not just initially, but for every...single...song.

Any ideas when there will be a fix for this? Will it be a MS OS update or an HTC firmware update? It really is ridiculous.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Rlly?? I know when it gets really quiet on my HTC 8x sometimes (for no odd reason) I just restart it and it works fine again, no problems. Beats seem to be working just fine since im listening to songs with tons of bass and hear them loud and clear lol (along with crisper highs and mids). But yeah, no issue with that so far :/

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have read many posts about Beats Audio experiences similar to mine after installing the Portico update. Just hoping it gets fixed...soon.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't sound anywhere near as good as it used to before the updates. But it seems more stable. Not impressed with it on the whole though,its not a feature i will be looking out for again.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine has always worked flawlessly. It makes everything hit so much harder, I'm not sure if I can handle a phone that doesn't have that amplifier.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Still sounds awesome with my bluetooth headphones, just makes me feel I am missing out on a feature...sound quality wise, great anyway

Ozraeel

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
My frustration is that I get distortion when using my headphones while beats audio Is turned on. My usual set up is using hippo VB with the HippoBox amp...plugging in my amp and turning beats audio off has a loud cyclic sound. All in all disappointing, has anyone else tried to use an external amp? Any one getting distortion in the headphones?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
My frustration is that I get distortion when using my headphones while beats audio Is turned on. My usual set up is using hippo VB with the HippoBox amp...plugging in my amp and turning beats audio off has a loud cyclic sound. All in all disappointing, has anyone else tried to use an external amp? Any one getting distortion in the headphones?

why use an external amp when the phone has one in it? Just curious.

Ozraeel

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Coz I'm getting distortion in my right headphone when I use the internal amp. The headphones work great with my iPod and external amp though...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I know not many people like this, but have you done a soft or hard reset? If so, then try a restore. If that doesn't work, it is probably defective.

And which carrier is your 8X on?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Coz I'm getting distortion in my right headphone when I use the internal amp. The headphones work great with my iPod and external amp though...

I get that with cheap headsets or speakers but never on a good pair. Some speakers and headphones can't handle the amount of power the beats push through, especially in the lower ranges.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
You need a physical wired connection in order for beats to process the oudio through the amp. In short, beats can't work with Bluetooth.

I love to rain on everyone's parade when it comes to gimmicky products, so I will!

Beats is merely a proprietary software equalizer. There is no amp or special hardware. "beats enabled" devices are a marketing ploy; there is nothing special about them. There's no real reason it can't be used with a bt headset either.

Furthermore while the equalizer certainly makes things sound *different*, whether or not the audio is improved is subjective. Audiophiles however tend to hate the equalizer and the brand name headphones since both distorts the signal drastically towards the bass (and doesn't represent the other end of the spectrum with much accuracy) which is not a true representation of the sound, so the claim that "you hear what the artists intended you to hear" is entirely false, but the average consumer loves them some bass and thinks this is good. However, for the price of the way overpriced beats headphones you can actually buy some really nice high quality headphones, rendering the decision to invest in beats rather silly. That's not to say beats is bad- the quality is better than your average headset for sure, but the performance isn't *that* much better to justify the price tag.

My work here is done. Rain-on-parade fairy awayyyyy!~~~~
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I love to rain on everyone's parade when it comes to gimmicky products, so I will!

Beats is merely a proprietary software equalizer. There is no amp or special hardware. "beats enabled" devices are a marketing ploy; there is nothing special about them. There's no real reason it can't be used with a bt headset either.

Furthermore while the equalizer certainly makes things sound *different*, whether or not the audio is improved is subjective. Audiophiles however tend to hate the equalizer and the brand name headphones since both distorts the signal drastically towards the bass (and doesn't represent the other end of the spectrum with much accuracy) which is not a true representation of the sound, so the claim that "you hear what the artists intended you to hear" is entirely false, but the average consumer loves them some bass and thinks this is good. However, for the price of the way overpriced beats headphones you can actually buy some really nice high quality headphones, rendering the decision to invest in beats rather silly. That's not to say beats is bad- the quality is better than your average headset for sure, but the performance isn't *that* much better to justify the price tag.

Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Well that's perfectly fine! Because I love to rain on the parades of people who love to rain on everyone's parade when it comes to gimmicky products, so I will!

The 8x DOES have an internal amp. And yes Beats is just an equalizer, an equalizer that does a great job! It tunes the music very well to match the Beats line of headphones! (yes as well as other quality headphones).

Audiophiles don't like equalizers, I agree with that. But 99% of the market are not audiophiles. (also 99% of those who claim they're audiophiles are not)

Beats sound great! Very great! Are there cheaper headphones that sound better? Yeah for sure! Are there cheaper headphones that sound better, have a better build quality, stylish design, fold up nicely with a detachable cable? No sir! The money you pay for Beats are buying you all of those things

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb