Camera is amazing
Simple- 1 home screen and 1 swipe to apps
i like how all the games go into xbox live app
Metro UI in the app is cool and different
camera dedicated button
Animations going from one screen to another

Cons
APPS Selections, More then Half my apps from android is not on WP8
Battery not up to what i expected(hopefully it will get better)
homescreen Not as customization as android but lots better then iphone
No Flash( Most of the video site i go to need Flash)
phone get hot Really Really Fast compared to all my previous phone
Phone doesnt feel solid, if i tap on the back, theres an hollow sound. If i put little pressure, i can feel the plastic pushing in.
Not sure if its my phone or not, most of the app feel slow and lots of loading going on.(navigating at home screen and app screen is fluid tho)
I have the Vibrating issue. feel like something is lose, make a very loud sound.
I am a gmail user and Gmail doesnt sync very well. Even set Delete email to trash from Mgooglesync and still doesnt work. Push is hit or miss, sometime it right away and others i wont see it. I set my gmail as activesync exchange
1 restart, 3 Soft Reset, 1 Hard Reset is unacceptable within 4 days.

Anything i can do to make some of my cons better?
I will be stuck with this phone till note 3 come out. I hope some updates will make it better.

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Quick 4 days review
Pros
Looks amazing
Screen is amazing
Camera is amazing
camera dedicated button

Cons
Phone doesnt feel solid, if i tap on the back, theres an hollow sound. If i put little pressure, i can feel the plastic pushing in.
Not sure if its my phone or not, most of the app feel slow and lots of loading going on.(navigating at home screen and app screen is fluid tho)
I have the Vibrating issue. feel like something is lose, make a very loud sound.
I am a gmail user and Gmail doesnt sync very well. Even set Delete email to trash from Mgooglesync and still doesnt work. Push is hit or miss, sometime it right away and others i wont see it. I set my gmail as activesync exchange

I will be stuck with this phone till note 3 come out. I hope some updates will make it better.

You're stuck with the cons, if anything the con list is going to grow. Good luck! And welcome to windows phone???

Actually the battery life can be improved: don't download any chat clients except skype, don't download Weave News Reader, delete Nokia Music, maybe delete Nokia Drive, don't ever press the home button but press the back button instead until you can't go back anymore...

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Quick 4 days review
Pros
Looks amazing
Screen is amazing
Camera is amazing
camera dedicated button

Cons

Apps are a big issue with WP8 but it is not a Nokia problem. If anything they are mitigating the problem.

Most phones do not support flash anymore.

Blame Google for the GMail issues. If anything create an outlook account and forward your Gmail to it.

What would you like customized that android offers? I have a nexus 7 5that I just bought and curious on what you want

How many restarts, crashes and resets have you had to on android? I've had a couple apps crash on me on my nexus. Just curious as to the stability I should expect.
If you push hard enough, all plastic gives. If you actually open the phone, you'll find that the internals, due to the curved back is not flush. There is space. I'm surprised you don't find this on an HTC android phone or a samsung

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
i can push my 920 all over , no creaks , plastic moving etc , its like a rock , however the previous one did creak etc , not all phones have a really loud disturbing vibrate either , my battery is also pretty good id be looking to take it back myself , the varying build quality is something nokia need to sort out big time!!

with the apps from android , why dont you email the devoloper and see if they plan a port , windows 8 is taking off a bit now , it will get even bigger when the 720 and cheaper newer phones hit the stores due to them being excellent bang for your buck , a good dev will at least reply to you query

if you use flash to watch video/stream video then there are apps that can help with this in the store and they work well

homescreen is a personal opinion really , i find the tiles nice , fresh , easy and quick to set up -- with android i'd always be flashing roms/kernels and modems and setting up my homescreens more so then actually using the phone for stuff like contacting people lol for me its nice and i like it

for me the biggys are
lack of tv out through 3.5mm like symbian or a hdmi out or even both
lack of micro sd slot
lack of usb2go
nokias varying build quality in handsets - theres to many lemons about that creak , dodgy vibrate , led flashes that stop working , poor battery life , phones that brick etc etc

still love the the phone but they are things i wish were different :)

Nikumba

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Quick 4 days review

Simple answer bin Google and switch to outlook.com EAS is being stopped at some point in the next 6 months as Google want you to use IMAP for connection which is a bit flaky.

There is an article on this site how to swap all your info over to outlook.com from gmail.

tvp480

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I sent in my phone for repair, hopefully itll be fix!

@jaqueh
Exactly! only can go up and not down. I will delete nokia music and drive and see how it goes. What do i use instead of nokia drive for navi? I do press back till i cant anymore.
I have try dling some of the app, but only support 480p and most site dont even have an app for WP8.

@jdhooghe
Most phone doesnt support flash but you still can get flash from adobe archives and itll work on any android device. It works like a charm on my androids
Widgets,changing icons, i use Minimalistic Text, etc. make your home screen look the way you want, thats what i meant by customization. Another thing is swype, its my favorite keyboard. I use gesture to open my often use apps, i can go on and on with customization but ill stop at this.
With all my androids, only had couple crashes on gingerbread. ICS and jellybean no crashes. Most importantly i never had a sudden restart in the middle of an app. None on any of my androids.
Im sorry but the camera strip suppose to be flush with the back. If you think that it suppose to stick out and not flush then good for you.

@buxz777
Agree with nokia build quality, they know it too. All my problems was on the pull down tabs, i didnt have to type anything in.

@nikumba
For now i am just going to use my computer to check emails, till there is a stable push options coming up.

All in all, WP8 is fresh and new. I dont mind using it, i will pick it over Iphone anyday. But i still preferred android as of right now. I just wanted to try out WP8 till the Note 3 comes out. I can live with restart and app crashing as long as it not everyday thing. But nokia has to fix the vibration issue and camera strip flush with back.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My strip isn't flush with the back either but I wasn't aware that it was supposed to. As for swype, my god I love it. *_* So cool.

tvp480

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
My strip isn't flush with the back either but I wasn't aware that it was supposed to. As for swype, my god I love it. *_* So cool.

On my phone, the top of the strip(where the camera lens is at) is flush with the back. The bottom of strip is popping up. Does yours have vibration issue?. I wonder if thats the reason why i have vibration issue. My friend 920 back is flush and doesn't have vibration issue.

Im missing swype already!

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920 is built like a truck.... Makes iPhone and ANY android phone feel like some cheap flimsy plastic, oh wait...... Lol

I personally think that WP8 OS is soooo smooth and fluid. I have not experienced any long load times and I play a lot of games....load times are like 3-4 seconds MAX when loading an entire level.

The Apps are getting better and better by the day......all the apps are so unique and new, and I love it.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Aditya Phulwani

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Ive been using the 920 for around 5-6 days and i REALLY dont understand how so many people have issues with their phones. My phone works PERFECTLY. havent had a single reboot or had to do any soft/hard resets. Everything is fast fluid and awesome. and the camera is a monster. Its unbelievable.
And tbh yes the app selection is low. But almost ALL the apps that i was used to on my Note, ive found replacements for in the WP Store. Im not talking about apps you download and use two to three times and never look at again. Im talking about real useful apps that I use on an everyday basis.

I used to use Flipboard a lot- Now i have Weave.
I used to use an app to check out 9Gag a lot- The 3rd party 9gag app on WP is awesome.
Facebook - Lots of good alternatives.
Twiter- Works flawlessly now.
SOOO many lenses to choose from. All work great.
Skype works decently. Not too bad.
Here Maps are great.
Audiocloud is a fantastic Soundcloud app.
The calculator is amazing.
Dictionary.com has a great app.
The Music Match Lyrics app is as good as the android version.
Nokia music is kickass.
Ringtone Maker by Nokia is very useful.
Whatsapp is decent enough. Can be better though.

The only App i really really miss is Viber. And im pretty sure they're gonna update it soon enough and we can make VOIP calls soon.

I really dont get why people complain so much. Im loving my phone and im not looking back. I have almost everything covered and im very happy. Its built like a tank unlike my Note which felt cheap at times.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You're stuck with the cons, if anything the con list is going to grow. Good luck! And welcome to windows phone???

Actually the battery life can be improved: don't download any chat clients except skype, don't download Weave News Reader, delete Nokia Music, maybe delete Nokia Drive, don't ever press the home button but press the back button instead until you can't go back anymore...
Not quite true. Apps without background settings are in sleep, non of the Nokia product is the root for battery too.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Simple answer bin Google and switch to outlook.com EAS is being stopped at some point in the next 6 months as Google want you to use IMAP for connection which is a bit flaky.

There is an article on this site how to swap all your info over to outlook.com from gmail.

Or switch to Google Apps

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa