PDF issues

Tkukucka

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I am having trouble opening PDF files on my Nokia lumia 920 .I tried Microsofts PDF app but it still does not seem to do it. Is there another way or app to do it. please help.

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Yepp, the "PDF Reader" from Microsoft still has some bugs - cannot handle all PDF files.

Another problem (missing functionality): All my PDFs have bookmarks, but they never show up in "PDF Reader". I have to page down manually or go to TOC, find the page number and use the "jump to page" function ...

zc1

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Tell me about it...

I would have thought Microsoft would have nailed the 'office'-type functionality/capability of this phone. That is my only disappointment -- pdf, email, file management, etc.

willygeebee

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
There were a couple of app-related issues that caused me to return my Lumia 920, much as I loved the hardware, and much of the OS. Far and away the primary app-related reason for leaving, and staying away from, the WP 8 platform, is the utter unreliability of the only halfway decent PDF reader app available, the one from Microsoft. Simply put, it is garbage. I never knew what would open okay and what would fail. That's a show-stopper for me. I'm itching to buy another Lumia 920, but until they either get their own app fixed, or better yet, just get Adobe to write one (I mean, my God, they have one for WP 7.5!), I just can't do it.

Tkukucka

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I just found a app on the windows 8 store called palt reader. It does open some PDFs good and the other half PDF reader does the job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett