Anyone using 620 on T-Mobile?

harshalsk

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am using Nokia Lumia 620 from last 3 months on T-Mobile in Dallas Fort worth Area. 90% of this area is reframed so I do get the 3G/H+ speeds. I keep my Wi-Fi on all the time and auto connect to wherever I am just to circumvent the "E" issues in some areas. I did receive the 1308 update already and after that it is even faster and smoother. It do have crashed on me oncce but that was an application issue for sure.

I ordered it from First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - Expansys USA and I alreay saw that price has dropped to $249. (I paid $289 back in February 2013)

Enjoy this little gem. NFC and FFC are best features. With Skype it makes it even fun. NFC works great with my Vivotab Smart Tablet.

Alcarnor14

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So until T-Mo USA refarms everything, we'll just get 2G (Edge) connections? I just got my Lumia 620 tonight and was so sad to see the "E" on my network connection icon. :(

Correct. You'll get edge until they refarm your area. I get decent T-Mobile service here, but they haven't refarmed it yet, so the 620 only gets Edge. :-(

In one of these threads here, I've seen a URL for a site that tracks what areas have been refarmed, but don't recall it at the moment.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My mother is now using a 620 on T-Mobile as of yesterday. She was getting a steady H on her screen, which is pretty good. Very nice little phone.

lloydns

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! I'm thinking about getting the 620 and then using t-mobiles cheaper plans. Just to clear some things up, when t-mobile says "4G", that's HSPA? And as far as using t-mobile, I just set up a micro sim and plug it in? On their website it didn't list the 620 under byod.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! I'm thinking about getting the 620 and then using t-mobiles cheaper plans. Just to clear some things up, when t-mobile says "4G", that's HSPA? And as far as using t-mobile, I just set up a micro sim and plug it in? On their website it didn't list the 620 under byod.

Usuaually 4G in T-Mo speak means HSPA+, but the 620 will only work on T-Mo 4G(HSPA+) in areas that have been refarmed. Even in areas that have been refarmed, 4G isn't as fast and doesn't provide as good of coverage as the standard AWS(1700MHz) band HSPA+, which the 620 doesn't support.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Aw man I was hoping to get this for my mother (she loves red) to use on T-mobile. How fast do you guys think they are refarming? My poor Focus Flash only gets EDGE so I know this pain!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It depends on your location. I live in the NYC area, so the refarming is a go over here. I only first noticed it was done in my area in November of last year, when I was pleasantly surprised to see a 3G on my iPhone 4. LTE is going pretty well, too. I don't get that in my house, but I've definitely seen a steady LTE showing on my 920 when I'm out in nearby areas.

Darren Lay

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what this means, but today I was playing with my dad's Lumia 620 on T-Mobile and under Settings -> Access Point there is an option for T-Mobile ipv6. I made that active and I have noticed the internet speeds are much improved. I am in the Los Angeles area, BTW.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got an unlocked Lumia 620 and signed up for a T-Mobile Pay By The Day plan. I have a Lumia 920 for my main phone, so the 620 will mainly be used on WiFi as a media device. Does anyone know if there is a My T-Mobile app that can be installed on the 620? I've tried searching for one, but no luck. If the app exists, and any of you are using it, please let me know where to find it and how to install it on my phone. Thanks!

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I just got an unlocked Lumia 620 and signed up for a T-Mobile Pay By The Day plan. I have a Lumia 920 for my main phone, so the 620 will mainly be used on WiFi as a media device. Does anyone know if there is a My T-Mobile app that can be installed on the 620? I've tried searching for one, but no luck. If the app exists, and any of you are using it, please let me know where to find it and how to install it on my phone. Thanks!

My Account | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I just installed the app on my 620, but it doesn't work with just WiFi. I had to turn on the data connection in order to log into my account. The account info wasn't correct, but that could be because I just activated the account today.

Maybe T-Mo needed you to log in over T-Mo's data connection so they could verify you as a T-Mo customer. Possibly you can use it over WiFi now, since you're verified. Maybe?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I just installed the app on my 620, but it doesn't work with just WiFi. I had to turn on the data connection in order to log into my account. The account info wasn't correct, but that could be because I just activated the account today.

You always have to use your data to activate your My Account on T-Mobile. It's just always the way T-Mo has operated.

nfbsk

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, for those using the 620 on TMobile USA, is your roaming icon always visible? I have tried playing around with access point settings, turning off roaming, and disabling 3G with no luck. Very irritating to constantly see the triangle.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, for those using the 620 on TMobile USA, is your roaming icon always visible? I have tried playing around with access point settings, turning off roaming, and disabling 3G with no luck. Very irritating to constantly see the triangle.

Not for me. I am pretty much permanently on E (2G Edge).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon