Another Phone Reboot Thread, yay!

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
My phone recently started having the reboots. I thought I had one that doesn't, but apparently not. I had the phone since Black Friday of last year, so I don't know if I can exchange it or not. The reboots tend to happen when I'm using apps and it's not as bad as my last phone. (HTC Surround - Had terrible reboots randomly). Should I wait until another big update comes since the reboots aren't that bad or do a hard reset?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
The reason WP8 phones reboot is because of the sophisticated NT kernel which requires drivers much like W8/7/2000 those drivers are hard to make specially for mobile phones because you know its an endless programming cycle where by the time you perfect a driver a new hardware is out and again we go, the Communication drivers in WP8 are crap , for example if you leave Wlan on while charging wirelessly your phone will die. needs a reset . , if you leave NFC on too, if you leave BT too..
Basically shut off Wlan and half of your problems disappear
the other reason WP8 reboots and misbehave is when an app is programmed badly (Here Maps are badly programmed this version and the next version will fix them soon) , Whatsapp always destroys my Lumia 920 and it seems to go back to life once I remove it...
the good news is unlike the 900 we're not going to be left for dead Windows Blue is coming and before then 2 major updates are on the way
Thanks for reading and enjoy the have a laugh segment in my signuture

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Nabkawe5 - I think that the phone does freezes only when the Keep WiFi alive is set to ON. Otherwise, I am not shutting WiFi OFF, and the phone works flawlessly. However, when I change the Keep WiFi alive setting to ON, the phone freezes in a matter of hours. Then, its a soft reset, then reverting the setting to OFF, and then a complete reboot (otherwise it freezes again). I have found out this the hardway, and was experimenting to prove what is the problem. So this is the problem, and I can prove it.
NFC and BT were ON for 3 whole days, no freezes at all, just the damn WiFi (I mentioned what setting).

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Nabkawe5 - I think that the phone does freezes only when the Keep WiFi alive is set to ON.
Mine freezes anyway...Keep Wifi on when screen times out=ON/OFF does not matter. I even put the phone in Flight Mode - it will still freeze! :angry:

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Nabkawe5 - I think that the phone does freezes only when the Keep WiFi alive is set to ON. Otherwise, I am not shutting WiFi OFF, and the phone works flawlessly. However, when I change the Keep WiFi alive setting to ON, the phone freezes in a matter of hours. Then, its a soft reset, then reverting the setting to OFF, and then a complete reboot (otherwise it freezes again). I have found out this the hardway, and was experimenting to prove what is the problem. So this is the problem, and I can prove it.
NFC and BT were ON for 3 whole days, no freezes at all, just the damn WiFi (I mentioned what setting).

I think that you have a point ... at least as long as you install any new apps - then you might need to restart again :) ... well, a new fw with new radio software is on the way ... :)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Please try this , Uninstall Whatsapp + Skype + Facebook + Here Maps and then check to see if the freezes stop

You don't need to uninstall HERE Maps. Its fine. You are confusing it with HERE Drive Beta that keeps running in the background.

Also, don't see why we need "another thread" when you know plenty exists already!

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I sent my Lumia 920 to Nokia care 4 times in 3 months . 1st time the problem is dead pixel. the last 3 times are there is a light leak between the screen and the body, and the freeze 6 times a day.

I contacted Nokia in Thailand and wait their dicision that can they exchange new Lumia for me or I return the phone and give them some money and get the new phone.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Nabkawe5:

That sounds like a good theory, but there are many people, myself included, that have not seen resets or freezes on their WP8. I had the 822 for 3 months and I think I had one or two reboots. I have an 8X now and have not had a reboot or freeze. I keep everything on (bt, nfc, wlan), including Wi-Fi when screen is off. I don't use Skype or Whatsapp and from the things I've read, I would suspect that badly written apps are the culprits. Although I haven't seen any statistics, I seem to see more posts about the 920 having issues, but that could be because there may be more of them out there.

But I also see many people complain about android's and freezes and resets. It seems the only one who has a very stable system is apple.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I believe the Lumia 920 hardware was rushed out , thus bad Drivers , as you might know drivers are not hardware independent so my logic still applies .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss