This forum is kind of depressing

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I love my 920 so much i still just scroll the start screen up and down randomly just to look at it and i got it around release. even with dust under the ffc it doesnt bother me. Once the new phone factor wears off and every little thing doesnt bother you, you realize you could never want any of your friends phones (iphone, gs3 which both have their own problems). i will stick with windows phones til the end because it never gets boring (to me at least)

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have not found one problem other then a lack of apps and some possible camera improvements via software. This is the best phone I have ever owned I even rate it better then any iPhone I've owned. Its got some software enhancements needed but for 99 bucks? Its the best deal I've ever received.

You paid 99 bucks for your Lumia . At the end of your 2 years contract let me know how much you end up paying. I paid $480 for mine at the end of the 2 years that will be $480 because the phone is mines. I think you know what i mean. Contracts screw the **** out of your pocket. Especially AT&T

Maseroche

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
My 920 is so awesome that I got another one lol had the choice of either getting the 920, 820 or Samsung S3 and i wanted to say 820 but i couldn't! Both 920s' have been problem free by the way.

Pepe D Vegas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I pay 99 for the phone 55 a month for family plan and I got a free WiFi charger im perfectly happy. At&t is outstanding where I live. Nothing is perfect but this is close.

You paid 99 bucks for your Lumia . At the end of your 2 years contract let me know how much you end up paying. I paid $480 for mine at the end of the 2 years that will be $480 because the phone is mines. I think you know what i mean. Contracts screw the **** out of your pocket. Especially AT&T

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my 920 based on the experience I had with the 900, which was very good. The 920 "as I've expressed previously" is a highly flawed device. Not only was WP8 not ready, the 920 itself lacks in overall quality. A part of this IMHO is do to Nokia moving manufacturing to China, at a time of uncertainty within Nokia as a company. I've had two 920's and both have design, QC and software issues. If I would have browsed these forums I would have kept the 900 and been happy.

The single biggest issue myself and others have had, is with the battery, which doesn't come close to my previous phone the 900. One other problem with the software is the corrupted video files when shooting 1080 video, if you actually want to watch the video you have to shoot in 720. The camera itself isn't what Nokia and some here say it is, in fact the lens flare is so bad it's unusable anywhere near a light source.

While many come here to simply complain, others are placed here for positive spin as well. So you have to read between the lines, filter out the hype, kids, idiots and the company people.

Andre.

rocwest

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I love this phone and WP8...much better IMO than iPhone

This post is probably not worthy of its own thread but strangely I cannot keep the keyboard active while attempting to reply to the "depressing..." thread below. I've been an Apple loyalist since forever but to me iOS and iPhone hardware had gotten very stale so I busted a move to the 920. It and WP8 are everything I hoped they would be. There's a functional elegance I'm finding that just makes me tip my cap to both Nokia and MS for a job so well done. It's taken no time to get up to speed without even looking at the manual...all in all, a supremely satisfying experience a month into my ownership experience. I have not been kind to MS over the years but WP8 has the potential to evolve into the perfect OS IMHO. And yes, I have dust in the ffc and no, I don't give a r*** a** about Instagram.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it is the fact that we have so many complaints. I would say either moderators can't speed things up or they just aren't that moderating enough. Yesterday I found someone talking about Skype and WP8 saga. Yes the same old Skype beta on Windows and why full feature packed on iOS type thread. I was going to first reply in detail but then couldn't. I just did the search myself and found about 10 threads talking the EXACT same thing or slightly similar in couple of cases. Gave the guy those links. Now that thread is still open so that becomes 11th thread talking about how someone isn't happy with Skype and WP8. Technically there are 11 OPs that will easily fill up the board (20 threads a page?) with Skype issue.

Now this is the same with most of the issues on WP8 and Lumia 920 forums. I am not sure about other forums, but these two seem to be the most popular forums. If the mods got reports on time and they could act swiftly then we would have just 1 thread per issue. We currently don't have 10,000 issues but 10 issues with 1000 threads each! That makes the forum depressing. All those "I love my Lumia" posts are buried to death by every new member being allowed to create one more thread for the same thought.

At times I've tried to ask site admins/mods if these sort of bandwidth usage for some reason might be commercially beneficial to WPC. Other than commercial benefit and lack of user support for mods, I can't see why these complaints can't be in a huge thread or 10 of such threads so other threads with nicer things can breathe.

Do we really need to have a thread for each user with each of his problem?

lamazion

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
So far, the only issues I've had are related to the battery. I suspect these are OS or app related with a process not shutting down or working properly.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Same complaint is found on any forum on any topic..."Wow, lots of problems about this product on this site"....like others have said, it's because it's the best place to come get problems resolved.

Less will be on the 8X forum as there were not as many people buying them, especially WP8 fans I would say...

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
A friend has the 8X...the color has all came off around the edges....HTC's response is basically non-existent.
Nokia stand behind their products (for the most part)...I've never had a good resolution to a support issue from either HTC or Samsung....Apple is really good as well to be honest

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I love my 920! I do stay away from these forums most of the time, not only because of the complaints, but also because unlike other forums I've been a member of in the past, users here don't post much about tips and tricks for the phone. Only reason why I had joined the forum was to learn of best ways to use my new WP8 phone, but was disappointed to see a lack of information. I keep browsing and searching, but can't even find a post with recommended camera settings to take the best pics. The most useful thread I've found was about the ProShot app, which I ended up buying (first time I spend money on an app).

Anyway, don't get discouraged, people like to complain more than helping each other, such is life. Still, the phone is amazing!

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

So you don't pay anything for cellular service?

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The forum is depressing because it actively reflects the WP culture at the moment - reading the stories on the front-page they are equally gloomy.

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a Titan II and am lacking in the area of WP8 niftiness. Since the Lumia 920 is the current flagship WP8 phone, I wanted to check out the forums to see what people had to say about it. It looks like the entire front page is complaints about the phone not working for one reason or another. I know that people with issues generally speak the loudest, but wow. Is the phone buggy from the start or has it got to do with the recent updates? Is the 8x a safer bet?

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any problems, not a one since I bought it. Nothing but a wonderful experience. Couldn't be happier. For every complaint there are five people who are extremely satisfied.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss