No driver found for windows 7 64b

trxmec

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello, as I said I let PC make all possible searches for the driver. I still obtain the same message. No driver found. If you read carefully the entire thread you see can I have asked to others which driver they use. Apparently winusb.sys is used but without the proper inf it can be associated with this unknown device.

Today I tried with an SD installed. No change. Still exclamation point.

trxmec

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Update: I ha tried on a windows 8 desktop and everything is fine....

I then tried on a second machine with win7 64 bit like mine, and it does not work (no driver found).

So, n?2 desktops with Win7 64 bit do not recognize ATIV properly.

Anyone else is experiencing this issue?!?!

Polytropos

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
OK before I was on a harry and I write what I have done very quickly so please try the below to solve the issue .
1. When you connect the device (ATIV S) with USB to your PC a balloon message appears on the task bar that indicates that windows does not have the correct driver for this device ( but never mind if you do not see this message )
2. Go to device manager and locate under portable devices your mobile with a yellow exclamation mark
3. Right click and remove the device
4. After device removal go to menu and on action choose scan for hardware changes
5. Another balloon will be pop up from task bar click on it at once and choose for windows to always check for drivers on line ( you can change this after )
In my case after 3 min the driver was found possibly from Microsoft and all works normal now
Please inform me if this way your issue solved or your problem still remains

trxmec

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi Polytropos,
those are exactly the first steps I followed as I am not completely new to windows ecosystem.
However, no driver was found, neither on my drive or online.
From the picture that our mates posted above, it seems that on PC which correctly recognize ATIV, we can deduce that the driver installed is named winSUB.sys. So what I did was to "force" windows to install that file (which I have in the computer...in the right windows system folder). It did not work.
Even if I copy and paste the winusb.inf and winusb.sys from a different PC running windows 8 instead of windows 7, it refuses to install them saying that the class is wrong.

So again, no problem on a windows 8 PC, while on windows 7 ATIV is not recognized (tried with two different PC, 3 different cables, all USB ports, with and without an SD installed).

The phone is brand new and it works perfectly. My only issue is this exclamation point which persists in the system, associated to the third component as shown in the image here.

error.jpg

Polytropos

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I am very sorry to read that your issue continues . I am not new to windows also ( as a meter of fact I am 20 years technician ) and I know that the way that I propose to proceed for driver installation can be done also otherwise.
I have also try to update the driver directly from device manager many times before I remove it but with no luck . The only way that this work for me is at the exact time that I hit the refresh in device manager exactly as I describe on my example. Sorry that it didn’t work for you I guess I was lucky (???) what can I say . Of course on the other hand I have big problem on making kies to work with my ATIV S . does any of you know what to do on this issue ? My phone connected or not have same behavior on kies app , NOTHINK happens . Appreciate any response on this

trxmec

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Kies does not connetc in my case, probably for the same reason.... no driver no proper connection.

I really would like to know how many win7 64 bit users we have on this forum without problems of connection.

trxmec

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I think it should (or it might if you will) since the only note in Kies website says "If using Kies with Windows 8 operating systems, please be advised that currently only Samsung Android OS and BADA OS based mobile devices are supported". Like to say that if I use any other desktop OS, the other mobile OS should work.
It is also true that all the images in those pages show Android devices... not sure what Samsung supports in the end.
Also the technician I have contacted tried to verify if Kies recognizes ATIV.

pdixon0

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

I had a similar issue with an Android tablet I was trying to reflash for a friend a while back. Basically, you need to flush the USB device 'cache' in your PC to allow it to see the phone properly again.

I was using XP at the time and found a bit if software on the net, can't remember what it was called now though but a search for clear USB cache should give you some results :)

ShonkaiDJ

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: No driver found for windows 7 64b --> Solved (temp)

I didn't really 'solve' the problem but it does work for me now. I'm surprised how little response there is to a seemingly very nasty problem for users.
For some reason my W7x64 laptop and my W7 x64 workstation had no problem finding the driver for my phone. Yet, the x64 at my office, I am an admin in the company so no problems there, did not find my drivers during the last couple of weeks since I got the phone. I could not find any major differences except maybe my installed Windows developer toolkit for my W7(.8) HD2 phone. So for weeks I searched the fora and read all kind of things about WinUSB but I didn't take the time to get the files from my other PC to put them on my Office PC until today. And like I read before, the files I coun't find with a search for winusb already appeared to be in my system. Now all I needed to do is to direct my device manager at the point where it want's to add the driver to the right location. And now it all works fine. Nevertheless and strangely enough my phone still seems unrecognized by the system. Neither is there any WinUB device found. (screenshot1)
Knipsel.JPG
Yet! My PC's interface seems to have no problem with that. It sees my phone, downloads the right icon (Nokia820) and lets me sync & exchange files between my phone and PC thru the old Phone App, WMPlayer or through the explorer. And after installing the new Phone App, ejecting the phone, restarting my PC, device manager still does not recognize the phone and all syncing and file exchanges still work! Success at last. And being the nerd I am I will of course not stop untill I have been able to remove the faulty devices from my Device manager. And I'll let you know how I did that. I hope some W7 x64 users will now finally be able to enjoy their Nokia's.

P.S. Location to direct the driversearch to is [systemdrive]:\Windows\winsxs. Let me know if it doesn't work the first time.

pdixon0

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

I had a similar issue with an Android tablet I was trying to reflash for a friend a while back. Basically, you need to flush the USB device 'cache' in your PC to allow it to see the phone properly again.

I was using XP at the time and found a bit if software on the net, can't remember what it was called now though but a search for clear USB cache should give you some results :)

Software is called 'usbdeview'...

anon8571112

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I had "exactly" the same problem as the original poster but only with my HTC 8X phone. The winUSB.sys would not install even when I attempted to force the installation after finding the winUSB.inf file in c:\windows\inf and the driver located in c:\windows\system32\drivers. But there was one post that mentioned to first uninstall the driver, plug the phone back in the USB port, and look for the error message in the taskbar, and "QUICKLY" click it. Then follow the prompt to allow the system to search for the driver (or should I say updated driver) from Windows Update. When I did this I noticed that my settings weren't configured to search Windows Update for drivers. I also didn't think this would work because I thought I had done this before without success. So after making that one configuration change, the popup box displayed information that it was searching Windows Update for the PM23300 driver (which I guess is the winusb.sys). It was found in less than a minute and it installed properly. The yellow exclamation mark disappeared and all was fine.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs