Lumia 920 - Screen warped/defect

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I feel naughty coming on here to report a problem with my Lumia 920, because overall, the phone is just fantastic. I love Windows Phone 8. Love the build quality and shape of the Lumia. It's an awesome phone, the design is stunning, love the square edges, logo looks awesome, screen quality is awesome. Can't praise it highly enough overall.

I've had it for a few weeks now but only noticed this recently when holding the phone in a particular position, but when looking at it from the side, the screen bulges out on the lower left hand side.

See picture: lumia920_screen_2.jpg

I am guessing this is not normal for the phone. I also have dust in the FFC. Is it best to call Nokia care or visit my local center?

Thanks

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean that the screen is coming away from the shell? If so you should definitely take it in to a Nokia Care Point to get it checked. The same is true for the dust in the front facing camera. This shouldn't be happening on a phone but the problem has been widely reported. My 920 has a ton of dust in the FFC but because I don't use the FFC I'm not going to send my 920 in for repair because everything else on the phone is working great.

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I can easily get my fingernail in the gap but the screen is solid. It won't push down and it wont lift up any further. The phone hasn't taken any damage etc so it must be a manufacturing defect.

It's collecting a bit of dust in that gap though, could look messy in a year.

I don't use the FFC either but I suppose that is a 2nd excuse to get it repaired. I think I'll take the risk and send it in, afterall, if it comes back with another problem I can just send it in again :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon