Some Lumia 920 live music video samples

KHROMAsynthetik

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My oh my, the mics on the 920 are good! I've seen video samples before and thought they were impressive, but looking at my own videos (having known the conditions in the room), I really am blown away.

I went to see a Led Zeppelin cover band last night, so I thought I'd test out my phone's video capabilities. As you can imagine, it was very loud in there, and I was right near the front, about three feet from a speaker. Unfortunately, the auto-focus seemed a bit dodgy - I think maybe the stage lights were throwing it off. But the sound quality is fantastic, especially considering my proximity to one of the speakers. If I had done this on my Omnia 7(or any of my old phones), the audio would be completely blown out and utterly unusable. Not so here. Here's a couple of short clips (hoping skydrive links work):

Heartbreaker
[video]https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3A2DF860BA942682!1166&authkey=!AIADrz3VeFnmP4M[/video]

Black Dog
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3A2DF860BA942682!1167&authkey=!ANiBLeRxjqKk1Z8

I have another video of Dazed and Confused, for which I turned off continuous AF. The video came out a bit sharper, but it was still a bit off. It's too big for Skydrive, so I'm uploading it to Youtube. I'll edit it in when it's done.
EDIT - here's the Dazed vid:

As for the band, they were really good, even if they did lapse into freeform jazz exploration territory a bit too often; Dazed and Confused became a fifteen minute jam, for example.

EDIT - I probably should've posted this in the Lumia 920 pics/videos thread, but it didn't occur to me at the time. Forgive meeeee!

Last edited:

KHROMAsynthetik

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, this thread may be all but ignored, but I am going to carry on regardless ;)

I have a couple more live music samples from my Lumia 920 if anyone's interested. I went to the Jager gig last night and caught some video of Gojira and Ghost. For some reason, Youtube's squashed them down to 480p and won't let me select a higher resolution - the raw files look far better. But the audio is still impressive, even more so than the last few vids I linked, as this was a proper gig at Brixton Academy.

If you're interested, enjoy!

EDIT - Oh, apparently higher resolutions have now appeared! Make sure to bump it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs