Water damaged 8x

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Completey submerge it in a bowl of uncooked rice. Leave it for about 2 days.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
As long as it has not been turned on, if you leave it submerged in rice you have a great chance for survival. The longer you leave it in the better chance of survival. I would do at least 3 days.

Kayleigh Fry

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It has been turned on sice the damage!!!! i had it in the airing cupboard for a couple of hours then it turned on... now it wont turn on properly.... just get the htc screen

Last edited:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
It has been turned on sice the damage!!!! i had it in the airing cupboard for a couple of hours then it turned on... now it wont turn on properly.... just get the htc screen

Oh no. That's not very good! I don't think you waited long enough. Turn it off and leave it in rice for a few days and then try again.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
That's the old school "Phone in the Toilet" trick. The rice helps to wick out the moisture. Seriously, leave it a few days.

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
But once it has been turned on, more damage generally occurs.
You can try the rice in a bowl (or bag) - remove the SIM card - but it may be ruined.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I once saved my laptop from water damage by using a fan. First I removed the battery (in your case the battery and SIM card). Then, I propped it open vertically, and turned the fan on high for at least 24 hours. Afterwards, it dried completely and its been working every since. There are many risks of water damaging an electronic device: short circuiting, electrocution, but also rusting out internal components (something alot of ppl forget.) I would definitely put it in front of a fan. Whatever you do, don't put it in a dryer or microwave! I know it sounds crazy, but some ppl don't know how dangerous that is. Anyway, pls don't plug it up until at least waiting 2-3 days. Pls be careful and hope it works out for you. :)

Traci Dempsey

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I have recently done the very same with my Windows 8x phone! Submerged into the toilet! Has this worked out? Is there any hope? I have turned mine on and it only gets the logo screen, then just starts flashing white and constant low vibrate.....

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have recently done the very same with my Windows 8x phone! Submerged into the toilet! Has this worked out? Is there any hope? I have turned mine on and it only gets the logo screen, then just starts flashing white and constant low vibrate.....

There's always a chance it will fix it. I can't stress enough, if your electronic has gotten wet, DO NOT TURN IT ON! There's like a 95% chance you've killed it after that! Rice it for a few days, hopefully it turns on after that!

Ben Collins2

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
My 8x got wet yesterday (Saturday) at 10am. I knew the rice trick and got it into a Tupperware of rice ASAP. This evening (Sunday) I turned it on, all functionality is there. I received my emails and messages...........but battery was at critically low, which it shouldn't be with no use, and when I plug it in to charge it looks ok, but I get a red and green alternating flashing light, and the battery doesn't seen to be charging.

Any advice on what the alternating lights mean, and do you think it's still water in there stopping it charging.

Cheers

Nathaniel Johnson

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a HTC 8x and I got caught in the rain but right after this happened my phone start turning itself on and off over and over until it died and now it won't charge so I can't turn it on at all and I was wondering if there was any way to fix it so please someone, anyone please help me.

arb21

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Same problem. Got caught in the rain, it was fine at first but now it keeps turning off and on regardless of if I try to turn it off. Any fixes?

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Same problem. Got caught in the rain, it was fine at first but now it keeps turning off and on regardless of if I try to turn it off. Any fixes?

I have recovered several water damaged electronics by immediately putting it in front of a fan on high. I leave the fan on for at least 8 hours, but for a phone 4 hours will probably be enough. This has always worked for my laptops. I didn't try rice, alcohol, etc because the faster it dries the better chance it has of surviving. Hope this helps. :)

Michaela Edwards

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my phone in the bath tub but I dried it off with a towel immediately and thought it was fine. I continued to play on it and I even charged it but a couple hours later it started turning off and on only showing the htc logo and vibrating every time it would come back on. I still haven't done anything to it other than letting it sit and it has been sitting for about a week. But I tried to charge it again and it continued to do the same turning on and off. I don't know what to do. Should I try putting it in rice or is it too late? It's been almost a week since it got wet.

Hamza Qureshi1

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
water droped on my 8x, i dried it now it is working but vibration donot activate either on someone is calling or when i press keys BACK,WINDOWS KEY OR SEARCH KEY,and there are water vapours on camera how can i make them dry when i open camera it looks blured ,can anybody please help me please!

Hamza Qureshi1

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
hey can u tell me!after droping water on my 8x i keep it in sunlight and dried it out by a hair drier,now it works but vibration donot works even on calls and while pressing keys it also get vapours on camera screen hence making blured photos how can i dry it out........please help me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion