How to remove a contact? (The remove option is greyed out)

Elrinth

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
So I've probably imported a bunch of contacts from facebook. But the things is. I don't want some of them to appear on my phone. Especially not those two of my friends who have the same name. So it's easy for me to choose the wrong when I wanna send a sms or something to only one of them, but select the wrong one by mistake.

So, how do I remove contacts, when the remove option is greyed out? :)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You can't delete your Facebook contacts and you can't edit them either. They are info from Facebook.

What you can do is, link your contacts to correct entry on your phone. If you have two friends with same name and have two different nick names for each of them, just link their facebooks to their nick names and that way their facebooks are never to be messed up. All you will see is their nick!

Burnbackin

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
If you don't want FB contacts to appear on your people hub, you have to remove your FB account from your device (goto settings>application>people). However, you are able to combine different contacts with each other, so they appear only once in the hub. Hope that helps...

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You can also click the three dots on your People hub at the bottom of the screen, click settings, then click Filter my contact list and uncheck Facebook. Then, all your Facebook contacts should leave your contacts list.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want FB contacts to appear on your people hub, you have to remove your FB account from your device (goto settings>application>people). However, you are able to combine different contacts with each other, so they appear only once in the hub. Hope that helps...

Actually, like noted above, you can filter your contacts (aka hide FB contacts). So no, you do not need to remove your FB account from your phone.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

No need to remove Facebook account, you can just filter them out. However it is an all or nothing filter.

Ah, spaulagain, had already said the same thing. :D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers