Nokia Drive Question

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
So, I used Drive for the first time. However, when I was driving it didn't tell me the exit. It told me a road, which was not even what the exit was. Am I doing something wrong?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
kind of don't understand your problem , Are you saying you want Nokia drive not to mention street names? Do you think Drive is planning a different route than you usually take? , do you think that its given you false or wrong information , please clarify.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyways, here's a list of things you could try , Check if the road/exit in question is relatively new to the area (Newly opened Exist or road) , check your settings in Here Drive for battery saver mode and disable it. (It makes GPS updates less frequent specially on the premise that you'll follow the already mapped route.)
If you change routes a lot sometimes Here Drive gets confused, stopping the navigation and relaunch it through history will help solve the problem.

When choosing a destination there's lots of settings to set (like if you want to use toll roads , or the fasters route , shorter , most economical .

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
kind of don't understand your problem , Are you saying you want Nokia drive not to mention street names? Do you think Drive is planning a different route than you usually take? , do you think that its given you false or wrong information , please clarify.
So, lets say I am on a highway. I have two choices because it splits ahead. I-50 W and I-50 E. I need to make a choice. All Drive says is I need to get on Mount Rd. Then I guess wrong, go where it tells me. Instead of telling me what turns to make it just says my end destination. Which was Mount Rd ( all of these are made up roads btw but this is what happened ).

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So, lets say I am on a highway. I have two choices because it splits ahead. I-50 W and I-50 E. I need to make a choice. All Drive says is I need to get on Mount Rd. Then I guess wrong, go where it tells me. Instead of telling me what turns to make it just says my end destination. Which was Mount Rd ( all of these are made up roads btw but this is what happened ).
My place have a lot of these kind of split too. And I also notice that Drive seems to have an older record of street names. Like for example we have some roads that were still numbers until past 10-15 years or so and it continues to call the road as 63rd road or something similar. I guess they must had pull very old data from the state office.

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Drive+ gives you the choice of "announced street names" or "recorded voice" for the navigation voice. If you're using the "announced" option it might be worth trying the "recorded" one instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion