After owning a white Lumia 920 for a week, here are my findings

jrlive

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I do get the feeling there are a lot of iOS people - paid or otherwise - who post derogatory remarks on forums. Usually its the weight, quality, blah blah blah.

I have had my 920 for a week.

Pro's:
Screen is fantastic - I mean jaw dropping. Best mobile phone screen I have seen
Weight - yes weight. It is the perfect weight for a mobile phone. It reeks quality and in NO way feels too heavy to carry around. I much prefer it to cheap feeling phones.
OS - very fluid and fast and by FAR the most modern and sexy looking OS on the market. I cant stop playing with it (ooh matron!)
Call quality - outstanding clarity
Signal - I am getting clear and strong signal in areas where my iphone4 used to lose signal completely (same network)
Integration - Microsoft account works very well and syncs everything easily, SkyDrive integration is excellent. To coin a phrase "it just works" <whistle>
Browsing - Lightning quick browsing experience.
Camera - stunning quality... cant believe the low light pics are so good
Office - brilliant... I can actually build spreadsheets on a mobile - wow
Voice texting - brilliant , I have a 2 hour commute to work and can send and receive texts easily through Bluetooth and voice commands
Video - very watchable as a movie screen. Image is stable and crisp.
Music sound - the sound when Dolby is turned on and through headphones is fantastic - it feels as though the music is playing inside you head, like the whole song is just part of what you are thinking.

Cons:
Battery - only just 24 hrs, but any heavy browsing and it will drain quickly.. I am hoping that this is sorted with an update
Apps - still quite a few major apps missing (though plenty to be getting on with)... this is less of a con and more of a 'wait for the store to grow' issue
Accessories - finding there is short supply of accessories in the UK - again that will change.

Overall the best phone I have ever owned by a country mile and I will never go back to iOS. That operating system is ugly, buggy, and a pain in the ass!

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I do get the feeling there are a lot of iOS people - paid or otherwise (you're joking right?) - who post derogatory remarks on forums. Usually its the weight, quality, blah blah blah.

I have had my 920 for a week.

Pro's:
Screen is fantastic - I mean jaw dropping. Best mobile phone screen I have seen
Weight - yes weight. It is the perfect weight for a mobile phone. It reeks quality and in NO way feels too heavy to carry around. I much prefer it to cheap feeling phones.
OS - very fluid and fast and by FAR the most modern and sexy looking OS on the market. I cant stop playing with it (ooh matron!)
Call quality - outstanding clarity
Signal - I am getting clear and strong signal in areas where my iphone4 used to lose signal completely (same network)
Integration - Microsoft account works very well and syncs everything easily, SkyDrive integration is excellent. To coin a phrase "it just works" <whistle>
Browsing - Lightning quick browsing experience.
Camera - stunning quality... cant believe the low light pics are so good
Office - brilliant... I can actually build spreadsheets on a mobile - wow
Voice texting - brilliant , I have a 2 hour commute to work and can send and receive texts easily through Bluetooth and voice commands
Video - very watchable as a movie screen. Image is stable and crisp.
Music sound - the sound when Dolby is turned on and through headphones is fantastic - it feels as though the music is playing inside you head, like the whole song is just part of what you are thinking.

Cons:
Battery - only just 24 hrs, but any heavy browsing and it will drain quickly.. I am hoping that this is sorted with an update
Apps - still quite a few major apps missing (though plenty to be getting on with)... this is less of a con and more of a 'wait for the store to grow' issue
Accessories - finding there is short supply of accessories in the UK - again that will change.

Overall the best phone I have ever owned by a country mile and I will never go back to iOS. That operating system is ugly, buggy, and a pain in the ass!

How is your opinion in the last bolded statement any better than what you accuse them of saying in your opening statement?

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Another hint that it is a knockoff defect is the top right corner has a sticker denoting it is a "Nokah 玖貳零" and the cheap feel is because it's made from white chocolate and you bought it at Spencer's novelty gift shop.
:grincry:

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
You must have a defective phone, it happens with any mass produced product. Honestly the only issue I have had with my 920 is a couple of apps I would like.

chucky

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the speaker for phone calls being terrible. Its happening to me and is pretty annoying unless I put it on speaker or use the hand free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon