Looks like my 920 is dead

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Decided to listen to some music via Bluetooth today so fired up my SE MW600's and BT on my 920 and went start a playlist and my 920 froze. Left it for a while and it then went to a black screen and now it wont turn on. Any troubleshooting suggestions or is there no hope for recovery? Thanks.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, this has happened like three times to me in the past two weeks, clearly Nokia or Microsoft has to fix something. (And the first time, I thought my device was dead as well.)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Its strange because I ejected the SIM tray which I thought would trigger a soft reset but no go. Guess I can better understand when people say this phone is buggy, definitely not a patch on my old DVP and 900.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me today. I spent the whole day without a phone (involuntary smartphone rehab) and was so anxious all the time, thinking my 3-week old $700 phone had died. Ten seconds searching for the Service Manual and some other seconds soft resetting the phone did the trick. I'm so glad it wasn't dead after all.

God bless Volume down + Power button!

PS: I noticed it wasn't all lost because I connected it to my computer and the WP Tool started backing up everything...

Alex Magik

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
you guys are lucky.
mine soft or hard reset, connect or not, just all black and dead... doesn't matter how long i wait.

Aanyway called nokia, tomorrow they will come to my office to pick it up and if they can't revive it on the spot, will give me immediately a new one.
Love this VIP service of them here :)

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
you guys are lucky.
mine soft or hard reset, connect or not, just all black and dead... doesn't matter how long i wait.

Aanyway called nokia, tomorrow they will come to my office to pick it up and if they can't revive it on the spot, will give me immediately a new one.
Love this VIP service of them here :)

How did you manage to get them to agree to replace it!? They've had mine back twice and keep screwing it up...

Alex Magik

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
well, here in china just need to call them, they told me to try soft reset, i told them hard reset also not working. they asked what happened and i told them i received a notification to install a windows update (not purely true), and after click ok went dead. they said monday will send a person to check and if not working still, he will have a replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs