Best overall case for HTC 8X

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the official one from HTC, I can highly recommend it, fits the phone perfectly without any movement the best case i have bought so far

Knight018

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if there is any good quality, clear and transparent case for the 8x. i'd like to keep the great look of the blue intact and not hidden!

Clear Hard Case

I ordered that one for the same reasons. I'll post back here in a few when I receive it.

Also saw the Cimo S Line Flexible Cover . I might give that a whirl next if the first one isn't great, but in picture this one doesn't look like it's absolutely clear like I want it. It may just be the angle of how they shot the picture though.

Knight018

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I got my clear case yesterday in the mail. I don't think anything looks better than no case, but I really like this one a lot. Sorry about the image quality. I took the pictures with an old LG Optimus V.

BackHTC.pngFrontHTC.png

schizrade

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Otter Box Defender here. I am rough on my gear, so this thing keeps my phone safe. Looks good, holster clips to molle attachment on shoulder strap of backpack.

bswalker22

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I am hell on a phone. So I ended up buying the Ballistic SG MAXX for my 8x. I'm very happy with the case. It doesn't hinder any function on the phone and the protection is amazing. I work as a pipe welder and have my phone on me everyday, but with this case you would think my phone never left the box. Highly recommended.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I just got my shipment of my EcoFuse Swave gel covers. You get 4 colors - blue, black, smoke and clear. Also two styli and a microfiber cloth. For $10. I thought they would be garbage but they seem to be on a par with the Cruzerlite cases which cost $10 for one! They add very little bulk, are grippy and protect from scratches, but probably not drops. The case is a good close fit, and a lip projects around the face of the phone while lets you set it face down without scratching the glass. And they are good looking - my favorite is the blue one. They styli are your generic cheap ones, but they work as does the cloth. Hard to beat.

Amazon.com: ECO-FUSED 7 pieces Swave TPU Flex Gel Cover Case Bundle for HTC Windows 8X /4 TPU Cover Cases (Black, Blue, Smoke, Clear) / 2 Stylus (Black, Silver) - ECO-FUSED Microfiber Cleaning Cloth included: Cell Phones & Accessories

rob45

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I use the Otterbox Defender as I am outdoors a lot. I have dropped the phone several times with no damage. It is bulky and the on/off switch is hard to use.

Rae Harp

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Ballistic grey and purple case with screen protector and clip holster. Not too bulky and the holster protects the phone even more. The case is hard rubber on back, hard plastic frame and rubber bumpers in case of clumsiness...best case i have had on a phone yet...but Otterbox defender is great too

failed1234

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I actually purchased this a few days ago. Should arrive soon. What do you think so far?

Pretty nice. Solid build quality and a good feel on the back of the case. The kickstand works well and isn't flimsy. I don't use the holster, though it is pretty much the same as the case.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 4 Beta

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll just be honest with you. The phone doesn't need a 40$ case. I've had a cheap-o 10$ case on mine, made of some kind of polycarbonate, and I've thrown the thing around, dropped it, smashed it against things, sat on it, and done who knows what else and I have nary a scratch on the thing. I did, however, slam the lock button against my door jam and there's a nick on my lock button now. To be fair, the thing is well made. You're probably not going to break it. I threw it across the room, down a flight of stairs once, and it was completely fine. That was without a case. I do think I had a heart attack when I did it however.

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a two part cover from Case Mate.
The phone it's a little tank now, but I can finally use it. It looks so fragile when it's naked:smile:. I think I'll buy something more thin after some time.

The power button is a little bit easier to push, but to improve this I have put some sheet of plastic between the rubber part of the case and the power button. The weird thing is the I have seen a little smudge on the back of the phone, when I have clean the dust on the phone. It was in a area where the beauty should be protected :(

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have just bought a few really inexpensive cases off Amazon and they do just fine. Im very careful with my cell too, but even with a fall or bang they protect it. I got these pictured for just several or so bucks each, the white I tend to use more often just cause it is more rubbery like and has better grip, but I like them all. For travel in my purse I have a pink case that closes with a magnet so the screen is protected better.
vu8y8e7a.jpg

hy7etumy.jpg

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb