Best overall case for HTC 8X

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Right, I'm looking for a case for my 8x, I know that putting a case on a phone this good looking is criminal, but I really don't want to damage it :(

My solution is I went for the coverage plan (through Best Buy where I got the phone). I already broke the glass (less than 3 months in), and I'm glad I had that option. Even with a case, there's a chance you'll damage your phone.... it's no guarantee. Btw, Best Buy let me keep the phone and ordered a replacement. It was there the next day and they switched all the data over in about 20 minutes. Great experience.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
When I bought my phone in January T-Mobile sold a Tech21 Impactology protective cover. It's excellent- very snug, impact resistant, and comfortable. It's not soft nor very hard and I think it has the perfect feel. It's not clear; it's black. I don't know the availability, though, since T-Mobile doesn't carry the 8X anymore.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If you're asking about the Tech21, Amazon calls it the 'T-Mobile OEM D30 Protective Cover with Impactology for HTC Windows Phone 8X (black)' and it's a fraction of what I paid for it. The description says 'gel' but I'd say the outside is more like a very dense rubber-like material.

One more thing: The cover is a skin over the buttons (ie no holes) and it probably makes the buttons a little harder to push. I happen to like that, but if that's an issue you should be aware.

Last edited:

plyboult

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Here's the Doubleshot: does not add bulk at all, retains 8X form factor, is not hard to put on or take off (in my opinion), but is slippery!
View attachment 30606
View attachment 30607
View attachment 30608

This is the Rock Hard case and it is very similar to the Incipio Feather, I love it the best and it looks great and also retains the great form factor. Comes in several colors, but this color matches the HTC yellow/lime color perfectly. Got it through Amazon. (Mentioned in another thread that I got it through Ebay, forgot it was actually Amazon.).
View attachment 30609
View attachment 30610
View attachment 30611

Where can I find that HTC official case?

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
What's the form factor to the phone? And would you say its worth the price?

In my opinion, it's not worth 25 bucks. It retains the phone's original form factor and, as I said some months ago in this very thread, it almost looks case-less; however, rather than protecting the phone, it makes it more prone to falls (due to its slippery nature).

plyboult

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Sounds good i bought it off that amazon link and it was shipped this morning. Ill post some feedback once i get the case. I bought a $10 thin rock case off eBay but it just is too bulky for me.

plyboult

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Def not worth $25 and it actually added slight bulk to the phone itself.. But it fits well to the 8x and protects all of the phone. Plus its OEM, so I can't complain I suppose.

helpfone

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
New HTC 8X user here. I'm upping the thread to know what are the best cases for this phone, especially with the hindsight you've gained from the months/years of use. I would need something strong yet not bulky.

Also, are you using screen protectors ? Some references to recommend me ?

Additionally, i will travel with it so i would need to protect it, a case is enough ? Or perhaps a pouch ?

DNHill

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
For my travelling life I got one of these for my 8X. It's a rather chunky protective case (it's about 20mm thick overall) but seems to give excellent protection (I was after a hard-knocks case rather than a glamour one). Has a two-part hard plastic cage which goes around the phone itself, then the soft silicone rubber outer which goes around everything.

Protect the screen very well from drops and bumps (the screen is about 4-5mm below the rim of the case) with a similar depth at the back protecting the camera lens and the speaker grill. Also has a built-in kick-stand which is handy for using the phone as a nightstand clock or for media playing. The buttons are replicated in the shell and work fine through it by just pressing on the relevant area.

My boss used to take the **** for having such a big chunky case, but in the time I've had it he's damaged his own 8X at least twice by dropping it or general bumps and knocks whilst mine is going along fine (and if all else fails you can remove the phone from the case in about 5 seconds).

TheBluesOne

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I bought this Rock Flip case for my 8X. Guess what there wasn't any ventilation(like holes) on the back of the case for the heat to escape, causing battery to drain drastically. It was a good protective case though. Due to battery draining issues I no longer use it.

Do any of you guys using the cases for 8X experience the same?

Last edited:

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Almost 9 months I had this Casemate hard case. Is a little bulky, but the phone has survived after falling from one meter on marble several times without a scratch.

I have change it because I wanted something more slim. Now I have a Jekod case. Is slimmer, but the level of protection is less than the old one.

@TheBluesOne, battery life improvement I cannot say for sure, but definitely the phone disperse the heat more quickly on the slimmer case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro