Facebook Notification/toast not working on windows mobile 8

Nadim Daher

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Dears,

I have recently bought HTC 8X with Windows Mobile 8. I have signed in to my Facebook account on phone accounts and in addition, i have downloaded the Facebook app from the windows store.

Since i bought the phone 3 days ago, i didn't receive any notification or toast message within Facebook. However, the message hub also seems unstable, sometimes i receive a message "cannot connect now, try again later" then suddenly it's working back and this keep on going and going and it's getting annoying.

Concerning Facebook, i have tried all the possible solution on the internet, removed the app, re-install, edit permission within my outlook account, re-adding the FB accounting...etc

Can someone explain why this is happening to a popular application such as Facebook?

The only thing that worked is the "ME" pinned in start, else there, nothing notify me with new stuff on FB.

Regards, :amaze:

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately the official Facebook app relies on the third party API. Hopefully we will get a official app from Facebook soon.

Nadim Daher

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your reply,

So do you think Facebook will launch their own official app along with Microsoft one? As i thought, Facebook and Microsoft coordinated to create one official app which is the one available in the Microsoft store.

Do you have any reference link on developing the Facebook app by FACEBOOK?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon