Video recorded on 920 not compatable with Sony, mp4 format??

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know why an mk4 recorded from Nokia will not play on my Sony through DLNA but an mp4 recorded from another device type like an iPhone does play. Something about the formatting.

thanks

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
What Sony device are you actually trying to stream to? If you're using Nokia PlayTo for WP8 it's still in beta and currently can't stream to PS3's and some other devices, which could explain your predicament.

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Sony Bravia TV Led TV. Play to app works with pictures. Videos won't play. I even put the videos on my PC, put a mixtures of videos from different smartphones also in this mk4 format that the nokia records in and the TV will not play the Nokia versions. From what I understand the mk4 is the container, what format is inside is what doesn't work on the TV. They do play however on PC's.

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So after reading the specs again, I notice the TV supports MP4(H.264) through USB. That is the recording format for the Nokia. Through DLNA though it only supports MPEG4 or AVC codecs in MP4 format. So then the question becomes, is there anyway to change the format the Nokia records into. Probably not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo