So, my new 620 arrived from eBay.
    I was expecting an English version, but this appears to be from China?
    During setup, everything was Chinese defaults and there is no standard 110v plug, but instead a Chinese plug?

I have now set everything to English settings, but will this cause me issues, and should I flash a more US English firmware on it?
    03-14-2013 10:35 PM
    If the posting stated English I'd ask for a refund or exchange first.
    03-15-2013 12:24 AM
    I have Lumia 800 from UK and i had no big problem after setting up my region (Sweden) and language. Granted UK is a bit different here than China.
    I wonder about updates.
    03-15-2013 08:33 AM
    So, my new 620 arrived from eBay.
    I was expecting an English version, but this appears to be from China?
    During setup, everything was Chinese defaults and there is no standard 110v plug, but instead a Chinese plug?

I have now set everything to English settings, but will this cause me issues, and should I flash a more US English firmware on it?
    I don't think that it will cause you issues.. It is just a different version but it is still unlocked.. So updates should come as soon as they are released.. It is up to you to,flash it, it would not make a difference in my opinion..
    03-15-2013 09:54 AM
    guys ..i bought my lumia 620 from UAE.and nw im living in india..my qstn is dat whethr it is possible to flash my fone with indian firmware ??
    will it cause any issues ?? eagrly waitin for the reply
    03-15-2013 10:12 AM
    i thk it is safe to cross flash other country firmware...my unit from malaysia,but i flashed it with china and indian firmware before....china fw won't bring any issue,except that it is hard to change the store's region,even if i change it to united stated,the apps n games are still from china's store(no idea why that happen)
    03-15-2013 11:09 AM
    It's quite risky actually to flash your firmware to different country especially when you have never done it before. And one thing for sure, warranty voided.
    03-15-2013 11:16 AM
    I don't think that it will cause you issues.. It is just a different version but it is still unlocked.. So updates should come as soon as they are released.. It is up to you to,flash it, it would not make a difference in my opinion..
    Not quite. An unlocked phone doesn't mean you'll get updates directly from Nokia and Microsoft. The carrier the phone was previously locked to still gets to approve/deny updates. An unbranded phone is different. Those get updates directly from Nokia and Microsoft.
    03-15-2013 12:07 PM
    Not quite. An unlocked phone doesn't mean you'll get updates directly from Nokia and Microsoft. The carrier the phone was previously locked to still gets to approve/deny updates. An unbranded phone is different. Those get updates directly from Nokia and Microsoft.
    You are right, but when i think about a unlocked phone i often think unbranded..
    03-15-2013 04:00 PM
    i thk it is safe to cross flash other country firmware...my unit from malaysia,but i flashed it with china and indian firmware before....china fw won't bring any issue,except that it is hard to change the store's region,even if i change it to united stated,the apps n games are still from china's store(no idea why that happen)
    I have a Chinese 620 and changed all the settings to English. Logged in with my Windows Account and I have full access to US store. I think it has to do with what region your Windows Account is tied to.
    03-15-2013 04:44 PM
    i think I'm going to stick with this one.
    Along with all of the other settings,
    I downloaded the English keyboard and speech database.
    Restarted Phone.
    Removed all Chinese keyboards, leaving only English.
    Restarted Phone.

As far as I can tell, Everything is great now.
    Except, I can't get Straight Talk MMS settings working using a T-mobile Sim.
    (I'll update this post for the sake of anyone else, if I can get it working.)
    03-18-2013 09:55 AM

As far as I can tell, Everything is great now.
    Except, I can't get Straight Talk MMS settings working using a T-mobile Sim.
    (I'll update this post for the sake of anyone else, if I can get it working.)
    If i were you i will get a T-Mo plan because you have a T-mo SIM it will work better..
    03-18-2013 03:24 PM