Strange Water Damaged Lumia 620 Story

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
So, this is my sister's Green Lumia 620. We got one for her during February of this year. My family went on a trip and she dropped the phone in a toilet, pulled it out, turned it on (I know, I was away in Boston, couldn't counsel) and just the screen responded. Then it shut off. Wouldn't turn back on. Two days later I come home, put it in rice for a couple days, wouldn't work.

Submerged it in alcohol for 5 minutes then left it drying overnight, all torn apart and in a bag with silica gel. It turned on. It worked. Everything worked. Hallelujah!

The screen backlight had some 'bubbles' that we could never get rid of, but everything else was fine. However, three days ago my sister told me the phone shut off randomly and wouldn't turn on.

I've tried pulling the battery out, hard resetting it, charging, plugging it into the computer and nothing seems to work.

Any word of advice? Or is it time to just spend $250 more on a new one.

Thanks!

Bryan Alberca

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
1st after it got wet your sister should not turn it on, it may short circuit. Then after detaching the parts you cover it in a rice right away in a direct sunlight and leave it the whole day. That's what i did when my 620 also swim in a pale of water.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa