My first Lumia 920 and the replacement I got recently, both lag when I scroll on the home screen and certain applications. the issue is constant, regardless of it being plugged in or out. I don't know why this is, my sister's lumia 920 DOES NOT have this problem. neither does my friend's L920, but my both lumia 920 I had and have (my older and the current replacement of that old one) have the same problem. Is any one else experiencing this problem? Please let me know! I contacted nokia care here in the US, after I was having the same problem with my replacement but I haven't gotten a reply in more than a week...Please let me know if anyone else is facing this problem or know the solution to this problem..
    03-17-2013 10:36 AM
    Please check the following:

1. You don't have a dodgy screen protector
    2. You aren't accidentally touching screen in two spots
    3. Try soft reseting - holding vol down + power till phone vibrates
    03-17-2013 10:57 AM
    edit.

rockstarz beat me to it >.>
    03-17-2013 10:59 AM
    Please check the following:

1. You don't have a dodgy screen protector
    2. You aren't accidentally touching screen in two spots
    3. Try soft reseting - holding vol down + power till phone vibrates
    No screen protector, not touching it in two spots, heck I even did a comparison with keys on my phone and my sister's lumia 920, mine lagged. I did a hard reset twice on my prvious lumia 920 with the same problem, didn't help :/ and I soft reset current one about three times..nothing changed.
    03-17-2013 11:09 AM
    My Lumia 920 is doing that as well!!
    03-23-2013 09:39 PM
    Is there an app that you have on your 920 which your sister doesn't have? Probably a long shot, but maybe one of the apps you are using is causing it.

It was the first thought I had when you said it's happened to you with both phones.
    03-23-2013 09:57 PM
    Probably a bad screen.
    03-23-2013 10:42 PM
    Got a video so we can see what you mean?
    realwarder likes this.
    03-23-2013 11:41 PM
    Make sure screen magnification isn't enabled
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Foroplex
    RushilPa likes this.
    03-24-2013 12:12 AM
    I do have a video I recorded sometime back, but its on my sisters phone, don't have access to it right now..
    03-24-2013 07:52 AM
    Make sure screen magnification isn't enabled
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Foroplex
    That helped :) , but comparatively I still feel a bit of a lag on mine than the other lumia 920, I will be sending it to Nokia Care for repair...see what happens! Thanks though, what you said did lower the lag!
    03-24-2013 07:55 AM
    The lag occurs when you scroll slowly with your finger touching the screen at all times, if you swipe to scroll it scrolls smoothly. This behavior is unavoidable because the screen is extra sensitive and the fraction between your finger and the screen results in a jittery movement hence lag when scrolling.

Nothing to worry about, the phone is fast as a rocket.
    ZiiimZooon and RushilPa like this.
    03-25-2013 12:13 PM
    The lag occurs when you scroll slowly with your finger touching the screen at all times, if you swipe to scroll it scrolls smoothly. This behavior is unavoidable because the screen is extra sensitive and the fraction between your finger and the screen results in a jittery movement hence lag when scrolling.

And it's been there since day 1 in WP's short history.
    03-25-2013 12:24 PM
    I do only have lag sometimes when I open messages.. the animation is lagging..
    josh_ua likes this.
    03-25-2013 03:04 PM
    I have that problem too, (but i'm using L820 though) and it's quite annoying, it isn't smooth as those other app that I'm opening. :/
    04-18-2013 11:42 AM
    had the same problem since sometime. logging out of Skype solved it for me.

I guess Skype is a long-running memory hogging application - so turn it off if you don't intend to use it to receive calls.
    06-28-2013 10:32 AM
    Yep! I have that too.
    11-21-2013 10:17 AM
    Recently, I've been noticing that in the moment after I unlock the phone the home screen is unresponsive on the first swipe. The second swipe is okay.

I don't know if it's anything like you're experiencing but it's something something that didn't happen before. It's like the phone need a moment to gather itself.
    11-22-2013 12:53 PM
    I have the same lagging issue with Lumia 1520 , first touch start the app where my figure touched , second time scrolls fine.
    I switched off the auto upload to skydrive and I also switched off the back , still same behavior !
    any advice
    12-13-2013 10:54 PM
    I have the same lagging issue with Lumia 1520 , first touch start the app where my figure touched , second time scrolls fine.
    I switched off the auto upload to skydrive and I also switched off the back , still same behavior !
    any advice
    12-13-2013 10:56 PM
    I don't have this problem anymore. I change my product code and install new Finlad firmware in Nokia Care Suite to Finland and everithing work perfect now. If someone need help I'm here of sent me e-mail to bracacakic86atgmail.com
    08-31-2014 04:23 AM

Exactly my thoughts I see this stuttering in every Lumia I've ever tried at store and in both my Lumia phones (630 and 640) it's not screen size it's not 60hz refresh rate nor software issue or any settings (I've tried everything that I found), so only possible solution could be the way these phones react to touch. So it's either how touch driver works or as you said just friction and high sensitivity of the screen. I can say two things for sure: IPhone and some flagships Android phones somehow got this problem covered, otherwise it's common amongst capacitive touch screens. Although it's probably just the way it is its also driving me mad and I feel kinda trucked because I thought that Windows phone is supposed to be super fluid and fast but it's not. At least not when we swipe by dragging finger across the screen instead of just flicking.
    09-22-2015 09:20 AM
    I know this is necroposting. If you notice a lag right when you start swiping it's the double tap to wake function, it has always been bugged on the 920, disable it and restart
    09-29-2015 05:54 PM