Nokia Lumia 920 scrolling lag.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
My first Lumia 920 and the replacement I got recently, both lag when I scroll on the home screen and certain applications. the issue is constant, regardless of it being plugged in or out. I don't know why this is, my sister's lumia 920 DOES NOT have this problem. neither does my friend's L920, but my both lumia 920 I had and have (my older and the current replacement of that old one) have the same problem. Is any one else experiencing this problem? Please let me know! I contacted nokia care here in the US, after I was having the same problem with my replacement but I haven't gotten a reply in more than a week...Please let me know if anyone else is facing this problem or know the solution to this problem..:unhappysweat:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Please check the following:

1. You don't have a dodgy screen protector
  2. You aren't accidentally touching screen in two spots
  3. Try soft reseting - holding vol down + power till phone vibrates

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Please check the following:

1. You don't have a dodgy screen protector
  2. You aren't accidentally touching screen in two spots
  3. Try soft reseting - holding vol down + power till phone vibrates

No screen protector, not touching it in two spots, heck I even did a comparison with keys on my phone and my sister's lumia 920, mine lagged. I did a hard reset twice on my prvious lumia 920 with the same problem, didn't help :/ and I soft reset current one about three times..nothing changed.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Is there an app that you have on your 920 which your sister doesn't have? Probably a long shot, but maybe one of the apps you are using is causing it.

It was the first thought I had when you said it's happened to you with both phones.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Make sure screen magnification isn't enabled
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Foroplex

That helped :) , but comparatively I still feel a bit of a lag on mine than the other lumia 920, I will be sending it to Nokia Care for repair...see what happens! Thanks though, what you said did lower the lag!

LumiaDream

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The lag occurs when you scroll slowly with your finger touching the screen at all times, if you swipe to scroll it scrolls smoothly. This behavior is unavoidable because the screen is extra sensitive and the fraction between your finger and the screen results in a jittery movement hence lag when scrolling.

Nothing to worry about, the phone is fast as a rocket.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The lag occurs when you scroll slowly with your finger touching the screen at all times, if you swipe to scroll it scrolls smoothly. This behavior is unavoidable because the screen is extra sensitive and the fraction between your finger and the screen results in a jittery movement hence lag when scrolling.

Nothing to worry about, the phone is fast as a rocket.

And it's been there since day 1 in WP's short history.

adimax24

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
had the same problem since sometime. logging out of Skype solved it for me.

I guess Skype is a long-running memory hogging application - so turn it off if you don't intend to use it to receive calls.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Recently, I've been noticing that in the moment after I unlock the phone the home screen is unresponsive on the first swipe. The second swipe is okay.

I don't know if it's anything like you're experiencing but it's something something that didn't happen before. It's like the phone need a moment to gather itself.

Sami Hussein

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the same lagging issue with Lumia 1520 , first touch start the app where my figure touched , second time scrolls fine.
I switched off the auto upload to skydrive and I also switched off the back , still same behavior !
any advice

Sami Hussein

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the same lagging issue with Lumia 1520 , first touch start the app where my figure touched , second time scrolls fine.
I switched off the auto upload to skydrive and I also switched off the back , still same behavior !
any advice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa