Need Ribbon cable/USB/Mic for Lumia 920

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
The other day my Lumia 920 froze a couple times when using Nokia Drive. Both times I had to hold down the power button and the volume down button to get it to shut down/restart. Well the second time it happened, it didn't turn back on. I then found a video on youtube to show me how to get into the phone so I could disconnect the battery. In the process of trying to get into the phone, I broke the cable that goes to the USB/Mic on the housing. Luckily the mic still work, but the USB charging does not work. In short, after putting the phone back together the phone still didn't turn on. I decided to leave it on the wireless charger overnight and in the morning it was on. So now I just need to replace that cable/USB port/mic. Does anyone know where I can purchase it? Here are the pics of where it broke.

WP_20130317_001.jpgWP_20130317_003.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• WP_20130317_002.jpg
    WP_20130317_002.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 1

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I thought I've heard of people buying different housings to change the color and according to the video I watched on youtube, it sounded like most of the housings come bare and you have to swap the components over. You could be right, I really don't know, but I hope your wrong and I hope that I can just find the part that I need. I just have no idea where to look, partially because I don't know what to call the part that I need.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Did you get it fixed? I did the same thing but leaving my phone on the wireless charger isn't doing anything :(

I did get it fixed. It's working great. The wireless was working before, I had just accidentally broken the ribbon cable when ripping the phone apart. I then ordered the ribbon cable and it came within a week and I was able to get it working 100% again. What issues are you having with yours?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon