Lumia 920 Screen Flickers when the phone gets warm or under direct sunlight

kanisian

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I've been using my 920 since December and I absolutely love it. There are two things I would like to know about my phone though. As the title suggests, I have a problem with the screen as it flickers (like, acutely that it kinda hurts my eyes) as soon as it gets a wee bit warm (let alone when it is hot) or it gets under a direct sunlight. I see that not even one thread is made for this problem so I suppose it's not a common one. Is there anyone out there who is experiencing the same problem with their 920s?

Also, while I'm at it, under a direct sunlight, my 920's display looks so washed out and I'm aware that this is supposedly to be a feature called sunlight readability. But even if I turn it off, it still happens. What should I do?

Any help is appreciated :grin:

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
This doesn't sound too good to me. It sounds like a hardware fault especially as you mention the phone getting warm. Also, the Sunlight readability option should add a little extra brightness to the screen to make it more readable under direct sunlight. It shouldn't make the screen look washed out.
I reckon you need to take your phone back to where you bought it or a Nokia Care Point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos