I purchased my Lumia 920 at launch and I must say that I'm very happy with it. The added value that Nokia brings to the windows phone ecosystem was the primary driver in my purchase. Having said that, I'm curious when the current HERE Drive+ Beta (formerly Nokia Drive+ Beta) will move out of beta status and be available as a release version. This question is not because I'm necessarily finding any deficiencies in the app (slight functionality enhancements aside), but because I'm surprised that Nokia would let the beta moniker be attached to what is arguably a flagship app offering for so long.

Has anyone heard any news regarding this or have any thoughts around the beta label on this app?
    03-18-2013 12:06 PM
    A member of the HERE team commented on the last minor update that the beta moniker would soon be dropped.
    Long Syntax likes this.
    03-18-2013 01:50 PM
    honestly even if the app is called HERE Drive + (sans beta in the name) but still have significant flaw like battery drain or really bad location pinpoint errors, it would be pointless...

I would rather they fix major bugs first rather than just change the name.
    03-20-2013 11:09 AM
    I understand your viewpoint, however this being a "Drive" app it's presumably going to be used in a vehicle which would have power available, no? Having said that I have noticed the heat generated when in use which may be symptomatic of the battery drain issue.
    03-20-2013 11:20 AM
    honestly even if the app is called HERE Drive + (sans beta in the name) but still have significant flaw like battery drain or really bad location pinpoint errors, it would be pointless...

I would rather they fix major bugs first rather than just change the name.
    It doesnt drain battery IMO.
    03-20-2013 11:22 AM
    the battery drain is on all phones (even on Android and iPhone) when you use navigation. For a smartphone, a screen is the biggest battery hog, so battery drain is not a surprise when you are navigating. So the sooner we all accept it, the better. Invest in a good mount and charger and you will be fine.
    03-20-2013 01:17 PM
    Well, the wait is over and HERE Drive + is out if beta and in the Nokia store available for update. Seems to work well too. I'll have to test it out today.
    aaa6112 likes this.
    07-13-2013 07:31 AM
    Trying to install the new updates on my 920 today with 'here drive+' and 'here maps', they appear to download for a short time but then I get the message 'attention required, tap here'........I get this message everytime I retry the download........any ideas?

Thanks
    07-13-2013 12:57 PM
    Trying to install the new updates on my 920 today with 'here drive+' and 'here maps', they appear to download for a short time but then I get the message 'attention required, tap here'........I get this message everytime I retry the download........any ideas?

Thanks
    There is a global problem with windows phone store, MS will fix it as soon as possible. Take a look at forum, plenty threads about it. greetings ;)
    alphonsohall likes this.
    07-13-2013 01:15 PM
    I understand your viewpoint, however this being a "Drive" app it's presumably going to be used in a vehicle which would have power available, no? Having said that I have noticed the heat generated when in use which may be symptomatic of the battery drain issue.
    I've seen Here Drive drain the battery while on the charger. Every iPhone I've ever used could recharge the battery with 3D navigation running. On my Lumia 920 every nav app is lucky to keep up with the charger.
    07-13-2013 01:42 PM