Sounds Awful

themax2

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Its not about audio quality, its about output volume.
Do you mistmatch output volume of sweedish firmware whit another random EU firmware?
Is sweedish firmware louder than other?

Thanks.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Board Express

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Its not about audio quality, its about output volume.
Do you mistmatch output volume of sweedish firmware whit another random EU firmware?
Is sweedish firmware louder than other?

Thanks.

Let's say this way .... English (GB CV) has lower output level, for example, as Swedish one ... I do not know them all - so far, I have tried 4 different country variety ...

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You have to make sure the headphone jack is fully inserted.
Use more than one set of headphones when evaluating the sound quality. It's the plug that goes into the phone that makes the difference..

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the output volume is fine, it is the audio quality that isn't top notch. I can listen to the same mp3 with the same headphones on my Motorola Atrix and it'll sound better than on my Lumia 920. I don't listen to my music through the headphones that often and for me it is good enough but if you're a real audiophile then I can see why it wouldn't be good enough. Then again, you would also have much better headphones so the difference would probably be less.

themax2

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Let's say this way .... English (GB CV) has lower output level, for example, as Swedish one ... I do not know them all - so far, I have tried 4 different country variety ...
Ok, i will test that firmware later and give a feedback about that.

themax2

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
... good enough but if you're a real audiophile then I can see why it wouldn't be good enough. Then again, you would also have much better headphones so the difference would probably be less.

Region? Firmware?

Thanks.

nander

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I personally think that the music sounds noticeably better on my 920 than on my laptop. I use a custom EQ, even though I have no idea what the **** I'm doing when it comes to them, and the Dolby Headphone on with leveling off. The only thing is that it isn't as loud; I usually have to listen to it at about 21, up to 25 if I'm out, while on my laptop I can use 50% volume. Other than that I think it might be a hardware issues, it seems the build of the 920s sold varies hugely by model, some with battery issues, screen issues, and now audio issues

shalgrim

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
You have to make sure the headphone jack is fully inserted.
Use more than one set of headphones when evaluating the sound quality. It's the plug that goes into the phone that makes the difference..

Check and check. I've used the same set of phones on three different 920s and my HTC Arrive.

themax2

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Installed sweeden firmware, no diference in output volume, sound good but far of any iphone, is sound like me old Nokia 5800 XM god but no brilliant.

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
My audio is great. . . Possibly a faulty handset there champ or maybe your headphones are on their last legs. Either way I would consider myself pretty fussy about my music and so far the Lumia 920 has passed with flying colors for me.

Also the dolby on 920 and the adjustable EQ are far better than Beats. Beats is just an eq setting

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I use Sennheiser IE80's and I wasn't impressed with my Lumia 920's sound quality after coming from an iPhone. But then again, I used a Sony Ericsson before that and was disappointed with the iPhone. You'll get used to the sound signature. The only big gripe for me is the volume is still too low even at 30/30. I don't like using EQ or Dolby, as it ruins the music and the EQ does nothing to increase the volume.

Your hearing is screwed if even 30 isn't loud enough. anything over 24 for me would burst my eardrums. That or you have ripped cd's from your library at a really low volume.

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It's not my fault you have the ear-drums of a 4 year old girl. As I said before, the iPhone 4S was very much louder. I couldn't listen to that at full volume at all. The Lumia 920 is like a fart in a hurricane in comparison. Maybe its an issue with my phone though.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
It's not my fault you have the ear-drums of a 4 year old girl. As I said before, the iPhone 4S was very much louder. I couldn't listen to that at full volume at all. The Lumia 920 is like a fart in a hurricane in comparison. Maybe its an issue with my phone though.

nah its more quiet then say the sgs3 or the iphone4 I used , sund quality not as good either , I think the sgs3 and iphones might have a better dsp chip in them though , I know the sgs3 uses a wolfson dsp chip for audio and there are many hacks and music apps to help get the best out of it , its another reason I may switch back to the sgs3 :-/

everyones hearing is different though but gsm arena did rate the 920 below average for a flagshiop handset in audio output via there tests

killboi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I use a simple Sony XBA headphones and the audio output is fairly reasonable. Of course, the low volume means listening to audio books on this phone is one big toughie (since they don't always come in high quality). As far as songs are concerned, it works well with the ones downloaded from music store

jrlive

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Sound quality on my Lumia 920 is by far the best I have heard of all the mobiles I have owned - including iphones up to 4s.
One thing I did notice though is that connection is a little suspect on my phone. When I plug in my headphones sometimes the sound is really low, and actually slightly removing the headphone jack (a fraction) fixes it.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
nah its more quiet then say the sgs3 or the iphone4 I used , sund quality not as good either , I think the sgs3 and iphones might have a better dsp chip in them though , I know the sgs3 uses a wolfson dsp chip for audio and there are many hacks and music apps to help get the best out of it , its another reason I may switch back to the sgs3 :-/

everyones hearing is different though but gsm arena did rate the 920 below average for a flagshiop handset in audio output via there tests
iphones and SG3 are known to have average sound.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss