best way to buy lumia 920 off contract

Par_T

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Recommendations on best way to buy 920 off contract? Craigslist, AT&T store, Microsoft store (with assure plan?), Amazon Wireless?
Those of you who have owned it a while; have you had enough problems and needed an exchange to make it worthwhile to buy something like Microsoft's assure plan that allows for exchanges. Does Amazon and AT&T have a similar plan?
Want to buy off contract because I am not yet due for an upgrade (eligible in June). Should I wait until I am due for upgrade to buy 920 on contract?
Your thoughts are appreciated.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
i bought mine off of ebay (400) and bought a 1 year warranty with accidental damage from squaretrade (i believe it was 70 or 80). i had it for a few days and it had a gap between the screen and teh body so i returned it to nokia last week and should come back this week. oh by the way, when i returned it, i went through nokia not the warranty (because nokia gives you 1 year manufacturer warranty). i would buy it again if i had the choice (again, haha).

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I passed on CL and bought new, unopened from eBay. The seller had about ten and is still listing. Buyers before me gave positive feedback on their 920 transaction, so I went for it. No complaints. PM me for seller if you're interested.

And no, I'm not the seller. 
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Last edited:

Par_T

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
i bought mine off of ebay (400) and bought a 1 year warranty with accidental damage from squaretrade (i believe it was 70 or 80). i had it for a few days and it had a gap between the screen and teh body so i returned it to nokia last week and should come back this week. oh by the way, when i returned it, i went through nokia not the warranty (because nokia gives you 1 year manufacturer warranty). i would buy it again if i had the choice (again, haha).

So, if I buy new on Ebay I can get squaretrade too? Also, does Nokia warranty start from day of purchase or from date of manufacture? Thanks for that info.

Par_T

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Also, buying experience with Microsoft store? Their assure plan is good for 2 years, but only 2 swaps allowed. Is that worth it for the extra $99?

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So, if I buy new on Ebay I can get squaretrade too? Also, does Nokia warranty start from day of purchase or from date of manufacture? Thanks for that info.

no problem my friend. the squaretrade was because it was unopened brand new. when you buy a phone it should be in the side (you can choose either geek squad or square trade) and you add it on extra. of course there are various plans but squaretrade was cheaper than geek squad and covered canada& USA (important for me because i go back and forth a lot). as far as the nokia warrenty goes, i'm not too certain. i know the squaretrade was from the day i bought the phone (so technically i lost a few days do to shipping haha).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre