Skype doesnt seem to run in the background. I get 0 notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakeel88

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else have this issue. I have to open the app always to see any missed calls or messages. Also If i close the app only then the calls come through. If i close it the call doesnt come through its only when i open it i see a missed call.

Or am i doing something wrong? I thought it would run in the background

iosub

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone wp8 or Wp7. In wp8 there is a background process, you don't need Skype to be open. But in Wp7 you must have the app open.

Another issue that I have found is that you don't get notifications on Wp8 if you set the status of Skype as invisible

Iosu

HansTWN

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Did you turn on notifications? It seems to be turned off by default. If you have and it still doesn't work just uninstall Skype and reinstall. I did it once after I didn't received notifications and then it worked properly.

Hao Jiang

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Try to unstall and re-install skype. The update mechanism of windows seems ruin notification sometimes. Same problem has appeared while updating my skype and wechat.

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I get message notifications ontime but calls come in almost a min late if am not within the app and answering it just goes to the Skype app and disconnects..and I think your normal Skype login should be fine for notifications..maybe uninstall and reinstall will fix it

Mykolas Volkus

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Skype notifications are totally random for me. Sometimes I get them instantly, sometimes I never get them. Same goes for Facebook app - I recently got a notification that someone liked my post A WEEK AGO, but no notifications about recent stuff and chats :( I'm really confused about all this inconsitency .

LumiaDream

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm on a Lumia 920 yellow, I uninstalled old Skype, got the new one, chose YES for background notifications, logged in with my MS account and did some testing on my GF's Skype. If I minimuze the app by pressing Windows button or if I back off the app I appear offline and no messages / calls are delivered. I HAVE to have the app on the screen for it to work.

Completely and utterly useless, I cannot believe this.

charming_arpit

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I am also facing the same issue since I updated Skype app to 2.4. Earlier it was working fine but now no notifications are popping up! Another bad update by Microsoft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon