Sending faulty Lumia 920 back to Nokia : Questions

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone from the UK taken the UPS route to having their phone repaired? My 920 is freezing twice a day, has dust under the front camera and a black spec on the LCD. How long does the process normally take?

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi just got mine back
I had freezing issue explained in the online thing and sent via ups, came back with a week which was good but wasn't fix, so i sent back again same thing software reset and sent straight back. After many emails finally found out basically they need to reproduce the fault to replace phone so i waited till it crashed took it to the local Nokia shop last Monday showed them it. They then sent it away and it took them a week to discount water/physical damage just picked up my replacement. Hope you have better luck but the ups service was good.

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. I mean, I can deal with the dust in the FFC as I plan on changing the shell to a coloured one soon anyway and can fix that. I'm going to try the latest firmware update from the Nokia manager tool and see if that helps, it's supposed to add a bit more stability. The one thing I miss from Apple is hassle free advance exchanges. Really don't fancy sending my phone away for a week only to have it back not fixed.

Thanks for the responses!

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
i sent my lumia 920 2 weeks ago for a gap between the body and the screen and a glue-like substance on the FFC. i got it back 10 days after it got to them (12 days total including the 2 days of shipping). it was sent through 'air service' (shipped through ups next day service which it did get to me with in 24 hours of them shipping it out) back to me. total time took about 13-14 days. i wish i can say that was it. as soon as i got the phone i opened it and i read the 'work order' included in the box. pretty much all they did was check the software, check the hardware, took it to quality control and it passed yet both things in my original complain were still present. that same day i called nokia and told them what happened and all they told me they can do was for me to re-send it in. so i sent it in (wed of this week) and waiting for the results. let's hope for better luck this time, right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte