8X Update on T-Mobile?

WillBrown

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I just received a notification on my phone that an update is available on my Tmo 8X. I'll have to wait until I get home to install. Anybody else get it?

I'm currently running 8.0.10211.204

JJanner

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Me, too (in Broward county, southern Florida). I have to wait for Wi-fi to install. Hmm, maybe lunch at Burger King today (free Wi-Fi).

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I can throw in a few predictions
-Fixes the SIM error issue
-fixes the network drop that some are experiencing
-enables HSPA+ over PCS Band
-enables LTE connections
-fixes beats audio

whatever the case we do know that it will improve the performance of our beloved device and repair HTCs tarnish reputation in support.

treetownal

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Got the update in NYC. My data is still migrating, but I am intrigued. HTC and T Mobile have been pushing out updates to the phone very nicely, ahead of my wife's 810 in the case of portico and quickly in the case of HTC specific updates, which is a huge difference from my experience with an HTC android device on T mobile where I was stuck in antiquated OS **** forever.

I know the phone is LTE capable after checking the serial number, so I am hoping they enable that at some point. However, given T Mobile's late arrival to the LTE party, if this was enabling the LTE I think they would have put out some press release so I would bet against it. I would be very happy to be wrong.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I had to hard reset my phone in order to gain back space from other to install the update. I restarted my phone and now there is no update. Does that mean I have the most updated version?

Brandon619

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Manually pushed mine to check for update, got nothing hmmm reminds me of when half the peeps got the previous skype update and others didnt and had to wait.. interesting.

Maybe its LTE for T-Mobile being activated, my guess

Brandon619

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
is LTE coverage that bad in the USA that you guys dont have it yet? Its been here in Canada for a few years already.
well T-Mobile's sort of not really LTE network is HSPA+ and gets really good Mbs download which is pretty close speeds to other LTE Networks... But T-Mobiles true Advanced LTE or whatever there calling it is coming soon to being activated in a few cities. Idk why people b***** on T-Mobile for not having true LTE when HSPA+ is fast for me as is.. The band that True Advanced LTE rocks is supported on the T-Mobile Variant 8x so I wouldn't be surprise if that is what this update is about.. T-Mobile already announced that the Lumia 810 is going to be supporting Advanced LTE through an update so ya. And for me my coverage in San Diego, CA is just find with speeds ranging 10-20 mb's/sec.

treetownal

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa