Is it a good price?

anon(5352534)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, so I was looking for a used good condition HTC 8X (16 gb) and found one on kijiji, and the ad was posted just a minute ago. The person was selling the phone he bought on Christmas for his 12 year old son. He bought a purple 8X from bell. In the usage for three months the bill came to more than $1200 and the parents decided to sell the phone to help their son recover the cost.

The ad mentioned that the phone was in like new (excellent , 10/10) condition and had a case and a screen protector from day one. It was listed for $230 or OBO and I offered $210 which they agreed to. I picked up the phone and it is indeed in excellent condition. Came with the box and original contents, and if I told someone that it is brand new, it would be believable.

What I want to ask is, I bought it out of in impulse after looking at the price. I did not think twice. But now I am worried that did I pay too much? Considering this is not a Nokia Lumia and it is missing all the exclusives, do you think the value of this phone should be less.

Thanks

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Check ebay sold items, that will give you the best idea on market value of an item these days. Personally, $210 is a really good deal for the phone, I see them still going for $500+

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought my 8GB 8X out of impulse for 250$ because some guy in my area was selling it for that much (this was just a month after it came out). Good price for it back then, now iffy a bit I guess. But your price hit the sweet spot! Don't feel bad :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte