Battery charging withouthing being plugged in

Scuur

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Dear community,

I have had my lumia 920 for around a month now and I'm really enjoying it. However since a couple of days ago something weird has been happening to it: the phone thinks it's charging but it isn't near any powersource whatsoever, the only way to fix this is to do a reboot plugging it into a charging device doesn't do the trick. Also when I do plug it in it doesn't seem to charge. Is this a known problem and if so what can I do about it.

Cheers
Michael

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I've not heard of this particular problem before so it may be unique to your handset. When you say your phone thinks it is charging, do you mean you have the charging icon displayed on the battery meter at the top of the screen? This may be as a result of a faulty USB port, especially if the phone fails to charge when it's actually plugged in.

You could try a reboot first by holding the power button and volume down button for 12 seconds until the phone vibrates and restarts. If that doesn't help then you could try a factory reset by going to Settings > About > reset your phone. This will completely reset the phone to factory defaults and wipe all user data from the phone.

Ultimately, you may have to return the phone to your retailer or a Nokia care facility if none of the above have worked.

Scuur

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It shows the charging icon, though after af reboot (like you suggested) it acts normal again and is able to be charged etc. But then sometimes it kicks back in. I'll contact my provider and ask for a new phone I guess. Thanks though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon