Just delivered my 920 for repairs for the second time. Tired of this.

Plystre

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Ah, just had to send my 920 for repairs for det second time. It has all kinds of problems, and im tired of it. I regret not bying and Ativ S, and if i get at New 920 in Return, I will sell it and buy the ativ s. Sorry Nokia, but your hw sucks.

Problems:
- Dust under the glass. ffc.
- Poor batterylife after portico
- Screen does'nt always respond to touch, need to tap several times to get a response.
- Camera flash does'nt work when the phone gets hot. If I use the flash as a flashlight, it works for maybe 5 Seconds before it turns off because of overheating.
- Random reboots
- Random reboots with the phone getting stuck at the Nokia splash screen.
- +++

Last edited by a moderator:

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Hate to say this, but it sounds like you got a defective device and it's not just that the entire lot of 920's are bad. For every post or thread complaining about the 920, there's thousands of satisfied users as well.

Sorry you got a bad device but thanks for not giving up on WP. Good luck.

Plystre

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i know. Not all 920's are bad, but it seems to be more doa's than normal.
I wont give up on wp just yet! I love it, and ios and android is so awful, i cant stand them. So just waiting to see if i get a new 920 in return, fingers crossed

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm returning my third Lumia 920. I loved my Lumia 800, but these 920s are plagued with issues. I'll keep returning mine until I get a good one. Good thing I kept my Lumia 800 for back up!

Plystre

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm returning my third Lumia 920. I loved my Lumia 800, but these 920s are plagued with issues. I'll keep returning mine until I get a good one. Good thing I kept my Lumia 800 for back up!

Yeah man, I also have a l800 (as a work-phone), and its flawless. Just got 7.8 also. Luckily i have my old Samsung omnia w 7.8 that I can use when i wait for my replacement 920. Old is good, it seems=)

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
good! don't give up yet! if you look at some of the threads at wpc of people who flashed the newest update to their lumias, they say battery is much much better, storage issues are gone, and reboots are gone so far! as for the ffc i had to replace my lumia once but my new one is perfect so far no dust and have had it for a little over a month so i hope all your problems get fixed

Par_T

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Curious: did you buy your Lumia 920 early (close to launch). Been contemplating buying a lumia now and wondering if perhaps the newer ones don't have as many problems.

Plystre

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
good! don't give up yet! if you look at some of the threads at wpc of people who flashed the newest update to their lumias, they say battery is much much better, storage issues are gone, and reboots are gone so far! as for the ffc i had to replace my lumia once but my new one is perfect so far no dust and have had it for a little over a month so i hope all your problems get fixed

Oh, that sounds very promissing :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)