If signal reception is lost, reboot is a must! Annoying issue testing my patience :(

flair77

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
More often than not, every time I get out of an elevator, a basement parking or if the signal is lost for whatever reason, it just doesn't come back on automatically even though other phones regain full signal strength.

Each time, I have to restart the phone - only then full signal returns. There have been times when the phone has lost signal without even me knowing and stays that way... I may realize after an hour or two, restart it and then receive notifications of several missed calls :angry:

I've even selected operator selection to manual and have selected my operator, and not automatic but this isn't helping too.

From the forums I gather there's a firmware update around the corner which fixes my only other problem (screen blank during calls) but any hints or suggestions on this please? Thanks!

Jacob Weltchek

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue too, it kills the battery life, and makes the phone super hot. Its struggling to find a connection for some odd reason, like a process is stuck. Restarting the phone is only a temporary fix for a very aggravating problem. :mad: My Samsung Focus S allowed me to watch Netflix at work no problem, the Lumia 920 takes a lifetime just to load up an image, if at all. Seriously I miss phone calls just sitting in my house, I never had this issue with my previous Windows Phones!

flair77

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, hurts most when you take out your phone from the pocket to make an important call. Only to realize it has no signal and you now have to wait a few for it to reboot.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
More often than not, every time I get out of an elevator, a basement parking or if the signal is lost for whatever reason, it just doesn't come back on automatically even though other phones regain full signal strength.

Each time, I have to restart the phone - only then full signal returns. There have been times when the phone has lost signal without even me knowing and stays that way... I may realize after an hour or two, restart it and then receive notifications of several missed calls :angry:

I've even selected operator selection to manual and have selected my operator, and not automatic but this isn't helping too.

From the forums I gather there's a firmware update around the corner which fixes my only other problem (screen blank during calls) but any hints or suggestions on this please? Thanks!

I have this issue too, it kills the battery life, and makes the phone super hot. Its struggling to find a connection for some odd reason, like a process is stuck. Restarting the phone is only a temporary fix for a very aggravating problem. :mad: My Samsung Focus S allowed me to watch Netflix at work no problem, the Lumia 920 takes a lifetime just to load up an image, if at all. Seriously I miss phone calls just sitting in my house, I never had this issue with my previous Windows Phones!

What's the highest connection speed? 3g or 4g? If you aren't with a 4g provider, try switching that speed to 3g, if you haven't already done so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre