Do You Use a Screen Protector on Your Lumia 920

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey Friends,
Have seen this post already but did not give me a perfect answer.

Will be getting my Red Lumia 920 pretty soon,
Just wondering how many of you use a screen protector on your 920?

i know the Lumia 920 has Gorilla Glass 2, but have read that some people got their screens scratched.
Now i have been using the Lumia 800 for a year now without screen protector,have'nt seen any scratches on it so far.
The last thing i want on my 920 are scratches...

Post in your Views and Opinions. :)

oosagi

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I do use a body guards / zagg type screen protector. The reason being that I prefer the feeling of it when typing. With the regular glass it feels to slick on my fingers...plus a little protection doesn't hurt. :). Better safe than sorry.

Olivion17

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why but the Lumia 920 does scratch easy. Idk why when my Lumia 900 didn't ever scratch. I think it might have to do with the super sensitive touch. Might add an extra layer to the screen we don't know about. If I were you I would get one to be safe or get a wallet case that covers the screen when your not using it. I had both but the screen protectors do tend to lift after a while due to the curved glass. So get a wallet case.

csd_images

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I've bought a Nokia Sleeve, just waiting for it to arrive to see if it fits properly. It's a close fit, but there's not that many decent choices out there if you want something a bit discrete. I've always used sleeve when possible as I tend to carry a lot of junk in my pocket and it also helps protect it when I'm not using it out and about.

John Lamoureux

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
No, mainly because I don't like the feel when typing. Bought it the day it was available on AT&T, and I have one very minor scratch that you can only see from a side angle on a black screen.

Olivion17

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
No, mainly because I don't like the feel when typing. Bought it the day it was available on AT&T, and I have one very minor scratch that you can only see from a side angle on a black screen.

yes it does seem to get small minor scratches only but a scratch is a scratch. Considering that my Lumia 900 never had this problem it sucks that my 920 does. Trust me I've never like the wallet cases but there are some pretty low profile ones on amazon.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Nope only a case to wrap around it naked body :smile:

I've had it for a month with no scratches what so ever :sweaty:

Last edited:

anon(515154)

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I want to but I can't put it on. Something always goes wrong so I'm only using the case. Everytime I put it on my bag I fear that I'll find something more than fingerprints on the screen. >.<

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I got the At&T one when I first bought it but took it off after 2 weeks (it was really bad and dust was starting to accumulate on the edges which can damage the screen as the protector moves around).

Now I am sporting a zagg shield after 3 month of nothing! still no scratches so it is good even without screen protector. However, since I hike a lot and ski too, i figured I protect it more :)

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the armor suit wet protector on my phone but after a while i hated how the dents and marks looked so I just took it off since I baby my phone so much it would hardly scratch.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Just installed skinomi tech shield...so far so good. About as close to the original glass as you can get with wet install. We'll see how it holds up, but so far so good.

elyodeel

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I use the full body invisible shield. It works great, I wasn't going to put one on but this is my second 920. My first one was naked for two months and the screen felt so nice, almost soft, but it developed some of the microscratches that people have mentioned. After I exchanged it for freezing issues I put the invisible shield on the new one the moment I got it. I've had an invisible shield on my old focus for about two years and it still looks brand new (the protector and phone).

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My L800 scratched up so after I saw how easy it was for it to happen, I put one on the 920. Within the first week I had a visible line in the screen protector and I'm not even sure where that came from. Glad I did because if it was enough to scratch the Zagg up, it probably would have scratched the screen.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Put one on the wife's phone and so thankful I did as she has dropped it once face down onto concrete. Thankfully it survived, probably because of the rubberized protective cover as well as screen cover. Boy was that covered in marks but the screen was perfect when it peeled off. Her replacement screen protector now also has a bunch of scratch marks - my wife is rough on phones!

My phone doesn't have anything protecting it and because of this has a micro scratch on the face. You can only see it with very specific lighting. Otherwise it looks fine other than a scuff on the plastic where I dropped it on the first day. Seems tough to me, but I'm careful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos