Do You Use a Screen Protector on Your Lumia 920

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I use a screen protector. One of them wet ones but its great. Yes it feels different but at least i wont be getting them little tinny scratches that appear from nowhere.

Stentando

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Not at the moment. I did put on a screen protector at the beginning but I couldn't see a thing under the sun. Perhaps one of the cheapo ones. I bought a bodyguards one and waiting for it to arrive in my mail now.

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried putting on a screen protector once but i didn't like how it messed up with the screen's sunlight readability. I'm using something like a fleece sock made specifically for phones when I'm putting my phone in the bag or my pocket. It's nice because I haven't got any scratches, and you still get to use the phone naked. :)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm all nudist and plan to keep it that way too. I don't want a phone where I feel extra protection is needed. That's like.. hundreds of R&D hours of Nokia wasted when they've been wanting to perfect the feel of the phone and then I rape it with some protective film? No way! :D

ace_dxb

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
My Red Lumia 920 is naked. I like to keep it that way. I had some pretty Nasty falls (10+).. and I just have a little dent on the bottom right corner, which rarely visible, unless you look for it. Also got a tint scratch 2-3 mm.. but this happened when I my girl friend dropped it from a very small height..

To cover up a Lumia 920, would be an insult to its brilliant design and beauty!

Shumiz

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The screen is much much sensitive than anything i've owned before (HTC Titan2, HTC D2, SGS1, SGS2). And not only at touching but also at dropping and scratching
In Denmark to officially repair it at a nokia service partner is 260 EUR (340 USD!!). I'll order a screen replacement from ebay, but I'm afraid that they aren't original and it will not have touch sensitivity and the IPS display.

I was also a preacher of nakedness, but after this happened to me, I ordered a case and a screen protector.
nokia-screen-cracked-s.jpg

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

Well the Lumia 920 is my first touchscreen phone and being used to my old blackberry's notification led, I have the habit of laying it face down on the table. So after exactly 2 weeks of owning the L920 I lay it on a garden table and just pushed it a few cm further on the table, result: a big scratch!!!

I'm lucky, you only see it when holding the phone in a certain angle or in direct sunlight, but still, I didn't expect it!

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have a Bodyguardz screen protector on my 920. If my screen gets scratched it would annoy me constantly, because the screen is the part of the phone you use the most!

joesc

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Those videos showing how tough the 920 is give a false sense of security. My wife dropped her phone even with a case on and it cracked when it landed on its face. After that we put a screen protector on just to get more protection. Doesn't look as good, but better safe than sorry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel