Do You Use a Screen Protector on Your Lumia 920

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I do not use a screen protector on my phone, I baby my phones and appreciate the natural build of the phone so no case nor screen protector for me. I am careful and don't have a single scratch on my phone anywhere :)

homieson89

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I dont use one. Its all a big scam. $20 for a little sheet of plastic? No thanks. of course getting them on eBay is cheaper, but you are really losing screen quality overall. Also thats what gorilla glass is for but as of this year this company sucked.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I used to not have one on my first phone. But it got micro scratches and cracked the screen when dropped. Screen protector and a case are must have for me.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The screen is much much sensitive than anything i've owned before (HTC Titan2, HTC D2, SGS1, SGS2). And not only at touching but also at dropping and scratching
In Denmark to officially repair it at a nokia service partner is 260 EUR (340 USD!!). I'll order a screen replacement from ebay, but I'm afraid that they aren't original and it will not have touch sensitivity and the IPS display.

I was also a preacher of nakedness, but after this happened to me, I ordered a case and a screen protector.
View attachment 31120

Same here. You don't want to go naked on the Lumia 920. It will crack the screen if you dropped at certain angle. The front of the screen is a head on, there is no protection for it in naked form. Get a flash light and shine on your screen. Everyone probably has micro scratches.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector, and like many others, I have some micro scratches. As far as I can tell, it doesn't affect the actual display so I am going to keep it naked and continue to enjoy the beauty of the screen for the phone's useful life. I don't expect it to be in perfect condition after two years. I would like to get a heavier case for cycling, running, hiking, etc.

weis

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I do have a wet-type screen protector on my yellow 920. When applied correctly, it's very nearly invisible... I decided to have it on because a few days after the phone was bought ( last november) I noticed that there were two very small scratches on the screen and so a screen protector was called for. I have decided though I'll take the protector away and go naked when my phone has her one year birthday :grin:

coldestsplash

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I just use Nillkin flip cover that too just because I always have to phones in my pocket lumia 920 and iPhone 5, my iPhone does not have any cover or screenguard, the flip cover protects my lumia screen from my iPhone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

anon(931021)

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I just use Nillkin flip cover that too just because I always have to phones in my pocket lumia 920 and iPhone 5, my iPhone does not have any cover or screenguard, the flip cover protects my lumia screen from my iPhone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How well does Lumia adjust to the flip case?
How is it inserted in the slot? The only way I can imagine is dragging it though the little side cracks...
And removing it? Easy and scratchless?

trev81uk

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to add to an old thread guys but I need advice on the best protection for my 920. I’m a little bit behind and have just upgraded to a 920. I did buy one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2596214, applied to the letter of the law and already it’s peeling from the sides, not to mention two severe marks on the inside face of the protector. I don’t hold much hope for a refund, and am not willing to waste more money trying another. I also bought one of these Nokia CC-1043 Soft Cover for Lumia 920 - Red: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics, and one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2596214 to try, both of which, for me, add too much bulk to an already large phone.
I guess my question is, for those who originally posted in this thread that weren’t using any phone protection, how did it go? Has your screen scratched? How has the rear casing held up?

If all else fails, I may go naked and get a sock/pouch to protect when it’s not in use. Unless someone can suggest a flip/wallet case that protects the screen and doesn’t add much bulk.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss