Is it possible to increase the frame rate of the camera on lumia 920?

Entoni_1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I would like to know if the camera fps can be increased for recording high speed moving objects, or recording sport activities. I mean by an application or anything else.
30 fps is a bit low to record high speed movements.
My phone is Lumia 920.

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You want to increase the ISO, not the framerate. Choose "Sports" in the settings, and see if it works. Ultimately, a cameraphone will not be the best tool for the job you're asking it to do. Look into something like the Kodak PlaySport, or the GoPro Hero 3 which feature HD recording at 60fps.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Might also want to try the Blink app/lens which takes a large number of shots in a quick burst then you can pick which of the shots work for you and keep only those.

Entoni_1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I was talking about video frames, not about photo frames. Is it possible to increase the video fps sacrificing the resolution to record more than default 30 fps? The fps is hardware or software limited?

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I was talking about video frames, not about photo frames. Is it possible to increase the video fps sacrificing the resolution to record more than default 30 fps? The fps is hardware or software limited?

I believe the hardware can easily do more than 30fps, even if it is at a lower resolution, but from what I have read, the 30fps is a limit based on either the OS, or the Codecs used (something along those lines).

my wifes phone (htc one x) can capture high speed video and then plays it back at 30fps, so it is in slow motion. very cool actually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb