MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Is Zune redundant with WP8? It does not detect my 620, and thus, I have no idea how the **** I'm supposed to update it? I know Microsoft have a reputation for screwing everything up/making everything harder instead of easier, but I don't seriously have to visit a Nokia Care outlet just to get it updated do I?

Thanks.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Great, so now I have to download more crap... Microsoft never said you needed to be an Xbox user to own a WP8. Way to pi$$ users off, and they wonder why people keep turning off to their services. They change tact every 5 minutes.

Nokia don't even mention Xbox software on their website - maybe they too are sick to death of Microsoft constantly changing their minds.

Do I use Xbox Music to update the phone?

This really is getting ridiculous now, I wonder what software they will be using for WP9, Microsoft Office perhaps? I guess that'd be a good way to force users to buy Office...

Doom At Last

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
You should do a bit research before posting.
Plugging your phone through Zune to update the OS is the past. On your 620, go to settings, and scroll to Software update, that's where you update. No cords into the computer or anything, it's OTA.
You don't need an Xbox account to transfer stuff or use your phone...

Trainwreck_0532

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Wp8 is designed to be a stand alone device, meaning it technically doesn't need to be synced with a computer, unless you want to sync personal files, for updates, at least on my ativ s, have been over the air. Go to settings, phone update and check for updates manually. Not to sure if its the same for Nokia. Hope that helps.

Trainwreck_0532

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
You should do a bit research before posting.
Plugging your phone through Zune to update the OS is the past. On your 620, go to settings, and scroll to Software update, that's where you update. No cords into the computer or anything, it's OTA.
You don't need an Xbox account to transfer stuff or use your phone...
You beat me to it haha

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I did that a few days ago... I just don't know why Microsoft feel the need to change things every 5 minutes. They seem to have no focus or know which direction they are taking.

As for OTA updates, what a crock of poo, I can't even begin to imagine how many bricked phones they are going to end up with as a result of this; not to mention relying on carriers to push out updates when they're all aligned to Apple and Google is going to be a joke; Windows Phone 10 will be out and half the WP8 phones will still be waiting for their carrier to push WP9, with no ability to force... People may hate wires, but this will mean no backups of your data etc.... Just very silly idea to go wireless IMHO.

Sidekick anyone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes