Verizon rep on twitter confirms the Nokia Lumia 928...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
As we know, everything so far has been pretty much rumor besides knowing a new Nokia device is being released because of the FCC documents but, nothing has been clear besides what it MIGHT have.

This is a conformation that the Lumia 928 DOES exist and will be going to Verizon....

I just wanted to share...

twitter.jpg

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Is this confirmation of something or is this a Verizon rep confusing 920 and 928?

In any case, this is confirmation of nothing. Especially not confirmation that it's going to Verizon. "I have no information" isn't "it will be on our network!"
Though we know it will be, anyway.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
the tweet no longer exists..
so this tells us that either vzwsupport misunderstood (lumia 920 vs 928) or got in trouble for tweeting about it haha.. so it basically tells us nothing

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i see the first half - but not the second half....and ONLY on Davids twitter account, nothing on Verizons twitter account at all.... strange to say the least.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i see the first half - but not the second half....and ONLY on Davids twitter account, nothing on Verizons twitter account at all.... strange to say the least.

The whole response was weird.

"yeah you should be excited!! Its awesome!!! We don't have any info on it!"

migman47

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Scroll down to David's tweet to Verizon, and then click on "View conversation". The Verizon responses will expand into view.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You should ask them what's so fantastic about it if they have no information. :)

This is Verizon we are talking about, They NEVER leak anything from Reps, Many Verizon customers even if it was a iphone, Android devices, etc, They never give anything up.

That is why I posted this, No it does not tell features, No it does not tell exact release time, No it does not answer your question BUT, what it does answer, This is a Verizon rep who is saying it's a fantastic device. Why is that so cool ?

Even Nokia has not confirmed that the device even exists, Only think "official" we know is the FCC documents and we can't even be 100% sure that is the 928.

Take it with a grain of salt, but, everything I have seen about this phone has been rumor and we are hearing from a Verizon rep saying it's a great device. This means he actually used it, so he knows about it, meaning, IT DOES EXIST.

And this is more info than you found on any site giving just rumor info....at least in my eyes...no ?

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
They won't say a damn thing until next week at the very earliest. They don't want to squash any Z10 sales this weekend. Heck, if the Z10 sells like hotcakes don't be surprised if they don't mention anything and it just shows up on the shelf one day.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
yea, i agree - 3rd or 4th week of april is my guess as to when the "announcement" will be made - with a 1 to 2 week timeline for when the device will be available...

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
This is a major bummer. It was absolutely critical to get the 928 on Verizon before the Z10.
Well, if it makes you feel better I think a majority of Verizons Z10 sales are going to end up being returns. Verizon seems to have blocked side loaded Android apps, and it's stuck with old firmware that gives the Z10 TERRIBLE battery life. I for one am bummed as I was planning on getting the Z10 and 928.

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm walking in to a Verizon store right. I'm gonna tell them I want to look at the z10 . After playing with it for as few minutes I am going to say I am really interested in the 928 and heard from a vzw employee it was a "fantastic device." haha I love fishing/phishing!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism