Problems with storage check?

Andreas Lagos

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Dude, I've got the same issue. When I click into storage check, it just spins and spins without ever detailing out the allocation of my phone's storage. So right now, this fix is useless for me.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine was just flashing the screen when I tried to open it yesterday. I reflashed to 1308 again and now it works perfectly.

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I received the new update yesterday but the new "Storage Check" doesn't work. I see it in settings but when I click on it it looks like it is going to do something (page flip animation) but then it goes right back to the settings. Does anyone have this issue or know how to fix it? I have done a soft reset and turned it off a few times. I do not want to do a hard reset because I recently did this and I have the phone the way I like it.

How do you reflash the update again?

BearJammerz

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I received the new update yesterday but the new "Storage Check" doesn't work. I see it in settings but when I click on it it looks like it is going to do something (page flip animation) but then it goes right back to the settings. Does anyone have this issue or know how to fix it? I have done a soft reset and turned it off a few times. I do not want to do a hard reset because I recently did this and I have the phone the way I like it.

Does the same for me. Not working.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

I had to use Nokia Software Updater for retail and reflash it to 1308. It wiped everything but all the options work now.

joshredraider

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Check Storage is there at the bottom of the first page of settings, but tapping on it only appears to be trying to launch something, but takes me immediately back to original settings menu. I tried to update all the Nokia settings apps last night using the QR code links in one of the forums here. Everything showed as being up to date, however, it did let me download the "access point" setting, which I did not have previously. When I open it up it gives me the option to activate "AT&T 3G", "AT&T - LTE 1 - Lumia," or "AT&T - LTE 2 - Lumia." I currently have it set on "AT&T - LTE 2 - Lumia" even though we do not have LTE in my area yet. Everything seems to be working fine, i.e., switched to '4G' automatically with no signall issues whatsoever. Just thought that was worth sharing.

I am considering doing a hard reset to see if the new settings will take effect, but will probably give Nokia a week or two to send out an update to address those phones whose clear storage setting is not working properly.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't even bother with a hard reset. Just flash it. That's how I fixed it. I didn't want to lose my soft saves but I had no choice really.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

have you tried doing a soft reset tun off and turn back on somethimes that will do the trick

Mauricio Antunez

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem after updating to 1308. Nokia Storage Check cycles infinitely and it's listed at the end of the Settings options.

Can someone give me reference on how to reflash and what I have to do to not lose my stuff after the reflash?

Thanks!

takisrock

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
@svi78 a Technical Expert from Nokia Discussions today wrote this:
Thanks for contacting us with this issue. We’re preparing an update of the app to be made available through Beta labs. It will include a cool new feature and a bit more diagnostics to understand what is going wrong with it in these cases when it doesn’t start or keeps on spinning. You should expect to see the beta of the new version in the coming days and we’ll keep you posted in this thread. Hopefully some of you can help us out by trying out the coming beta version!

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/New-Storage-Check-setting-not-working-Lumia-920/m-p/1827508#M46245

Faisal Miaze

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
i have the same issue it opens but keeps on spinning. Although it worked for me the first 2 days i have installed the 108 firmware by flashing using nokia care suit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo