AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update Questions, Comments, and Bugs

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Nokia normally man's up and admits when something does not go exactly as planned...not sure what the hold up is here. Yes, this update is buggy.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that for every person on this site that says this update is buggy, there are probably 100 not on this site that are perfectly happy with it. I've never seen an update on a mobile phone that didn't cause an uproar on their respective forums...just a nature of the beast.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Steven Garrigus

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I was using the ##3282 advanced settings when I performed the update. I had it set to 3G only which shows on the phone as 4G. Since the closest LTE coverage area is about 55 miles from me, I won't be able to see if the LTE is working until I have a reason to travel there.

Other than that uncertainty, the phone has been performing well with no noticeable ill-effects of the 1308 update. I've also gained some extra time on my battery and have been able to clear over a gig from the "other" storage section. Hope Nokia gets things ironed-out for the users who are experiencing problems.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that for every person on this site that says this update is buggy, there are probably 100 not on this site that are perfectly happy with it. I've never seen an update on a mobile phone that didn't cause an uproar on their respective forums...just a nature of the beast.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

I am sure that is true, but I think for most the connection issue is difficult to realize you are having an issue. For example, my phone shows at times I have LTE connection, but if I try to do something, I can't. Then thirty seconds later I can. If I didn't try to use my phone right then, I would not have known.

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It seems to only happen when you are on a low LTE signal and it wants to flip to 4G.

No - we have pretty strong LTE signal at home (4 "bars" in all rooms) but it still randomly switches to 4G, rapidly, without "decreasing" the number of signal "bars" first...

Jeff Cofield

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Exact same situation with me. Once I started having trouble, I would check the signal strength first to see if it had one...always 2-3 bars. Then, when I would try to send the message or run an app that uses the network, it would die.

I am sure that is true, but I think for most the connection issue is difficult to realize you are having an issue. For example, my phone shows at times I have LTE connection, but if I try to do something, I can't. Then thirty seconds later I can. If I didn't try to use my phone right then, I would not have known.

Kenny Chan

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue here. I'm pretty disappointed at this point as I've had to deal with the battery drain issue and now this (currently on my 2nd 920).

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue here. I'm pretty disappointed at this point as I've had to deal with the battery drain issue and now this (currently on my 2nd 920).
I'm in the same boat as you. Both of my 920's have been disappointing, and again my 900 was flawless. Unfortunately I'm stuck with this pos for another year.

hyperthermia

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
im having the same issue with losing my signal. Im not even on att and i dont have the 1308 update. I bought mine from dubai and ive been using it here in the philippines since dec 2012. Anyone here outside US experiencing signal issues without 1308 update?

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
went to a mall today. signal was somewhat below average to weak, 3-1 bars. phone switched to 4G instead of LTE for some reason ands stayed that way the entire time until I restart and then it switches back to LTE. is this related to 1308?

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Went ahead and flashed back to the 1242 firmware using the info in the sticky of the 920 forum and now my LTE works fine again. I am at work where with the 1308 firmware I would lose all connectivity and now with the 1242 firmware I am and getting 5-6 Mbps download speeds (the area is known for weak signals) and everything is working properly. For me it was definitely the firmware that caused the issue.

Flashing using the tools in that post resets your entire phone so make sure you back up everything before you do it.

Last edited:

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
As much as I hate too have to redo my phone, I am going to try and NaviFirm update my phone and see if the LTE is any better.

I have also noticed that when going from WiFi to Cellular, there is a HUGE pause/gap where data is unusable.

I also noticed there is a 1308.2, but not for US ATT. Looks like only AR and LTA.

edit: Did not seem to help with me, still poor LTE. :(

Last edited:

Tigersoul

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 SW Update 1232.5957.1308.0001 NOW Available

Well, I'm on my lunch break so I don't have time to read all 18 pages, but my data connectivity has gone to **** since the update. I'm in New York and am experiencing this both in Long Island and New York city -- both LTE-heavy regions. I caught it one time going to edge network. Seems accessing different apps will randomly send the phone to "loading land" with no end in sight until I close and try again. Happens in IE, two versions of Facebook, etc.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
As much as I hate too have to redo my phone, I am going to try and NaviFirm update my phone and see if the LTE is any better.

I have also noticed that when going from WiFi to Cellular, there is a HUGE pause/gap where data is unusable.

I also noticed there is a 1308.2, but not for US ATT. Looks like only AR and LTA.

edit: Did not seem to help with me, still poor LTE. :(

Did u use 1308 again or did u go back to 1242? I went back and it fixed the LTE for me.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I was tweeting with Nokia Care US this morning how flashing back to the previous firmware (which I think is 1249, I mistakenly wrote 1242 in my earlier posts) fixed the LTE issues and they wanted screenshots from a location where on 1308 there was no connectivity and then on 1249 where there was connectivity. I didnt take any but if you are going to flash or are currently experiencing the issue perhaps tweeting them a screenshot would be useful to them. Not sure what they can tell from a screenshot though.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I think I am just going to try to tough it out a little longer until a fix is released. The 1308 update did fix my auto brightness issues and gave me the clear temporary files option which is great on occasion. I really don’t feel like reverting back and doing the install (maybe it is easier than it looks) and setting up my phone for the fourth time.

I just can’t believe there has not been an official word from Nokia or at least a mention here on the News page. I do believe this update effects everyone, it is just you have to be in a particular environment and notice it when it is happening.

Attached a beautiful screenshot. This was showing I had LTE Connection and I could not access the Internet, or any app that requires data. I don't have Twitter though...
wp_ss_20130330_0001.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire