Super sensitive screen's problem

devilchill

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,
My problem is the super sensitive screen some time stops working for a while even the screen's sensitivity is set to High.
I wonder if it is a software issue? And what is the solution? FW number: 1232.5951.1249.1001
Thanks.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar issue but on Lumia920. Have you tried a factory reset (warning - removes all data from your phone)?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
When it stops working, have you tried pressing the volume button up or down for instance?

I have times when it sorta doesn't work, but usually starts working when I use the volume rocker. It doesnt really seem like a flaw, more like a safety measure to ensure it wont keep the phone unlocked in my pocket or smth.

And generally speaking when I first enabled it seemed to take a good while before it seemed to start fully functioning, felt as if it was sorta calibrating.

zyran

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The super sensitive screen takes a few seconds to adjust to less sensitive materials. Try tapping the touch buttons with your fingernail for example. That might actually 'activate' the super-sensitivity. I have been able to replicate this many times.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
When it stops working, have you tried pressing the volume button up or down for instance?

I have times when it sorta doesn't work, but usually starts working when I use the volume rocker. It doesnt really seem like a flaw, more like a safety measure to ensure it wont keep the phone unlocked in my pocket or smth.

And generally speaking when I first enabled it seemed to take a good while before it seemed to start fully functioning, felt as if it was sorta calibrating.

Volume rocker doesn't affect it for me. How long did it take to start fully functioning/calibrate when you first started using it?

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
The super sensitive screen takes a few seconds to adjust to less sensitive materials. Try tapping the touch buttons with your fingernail for example. That might actually 'activate' the super-sensitivity. I have been able to replicate this many times.

Tapping the touch buttons with my fingernail does seem to active it sometimes. But works very inconsistently/intermittently - the same as when trying to use gloves on the screen,

devilchill

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

You are right, it starts working when i press the volume button. I don't know why. Not very convenient.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Update - I exchanged the phone. The new one works *loads* betters with gloves. Pressing the volume key is not required. Looks like this was a hardware fault in my case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb