What should I do? Refurbished Black 920 or keep white 920

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I purchased a white L920 from a guy on Craig's List and it has been great. Except when I first tried to do a reset it stayed in the reset mode for over an hour and I had a microsoft person at the mall do some sort of button combination and it came back. Since then it has been a great phone until this new update. I did the AT&T update but the "Storage Check" didn't work. It was there but didn't do anything. I spoke to Nokia and they advised to do a Hard Reset and it should work properly but it didn't. It didn't even show up after the reset but I was on the latest version so I couldn't do the update again. When I got home last night I decided to do another reset just to try and then BOOM - Blue Screen of Death. I couldn't do anything. I finally got to the point that I would call AT&T. After determining that the phone was still under warranty they are sending me another but it is BLACK and mine is White (they didn't have any white in stock). Being the very curious person and not happy that the phone is just bricked I was searching the forums again and found someone that had the NOKIA Reset Options and BOOM - it reset and it is fine except I still don't see the Storage Check setting.

All that to get to the question: Do I call AT&T and tell them I got it to work and cancel the replacement or get the replacement and move forward with a refurbished black phone?

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have another question about getting the new Black L920, can I use the restore from the previous one if I use the same user ID? Or do I basically have to start over?

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I wouldn't buy the line about the refurb white being out of stock. I ordered one last night to upgrade from my Focus and it shipped this morning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss