Any Rogers Lumia 920 users got 1308 update?

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Looks like we're pretty much stuck with these issues till Rogers/Nokia release a fix. I've contacted them both.....if y'all have the time I suggest doing the same. Gotta make sure they make this a priority. If the issue persists for much longer and they don't at least address the issue than I might have to swap mine with another from Rogers that doesn't already have 1308 installed.
I would hate to have to do this.....but I love this phone and I'm tired of it not working like it used to.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Looks like we're pretty much stuck with these issues till Rogers/Nokia release a fix. I've contacted them both.....if y'all have the time I suggest doing the same. Gotta make sure they make this a priority. If the issue persists for much longer and they don't at least address the issue than I might have to swap mine with another from Rogers that doesn't already have 1308 installed.
I would hate to have to do this.....but I love this phone and I'm tired of it not working like it used to.

I tweeted NokiaCanada with no reply.. I figure both would be passing the buck on each other. But I was thinking of doing the same anyway.

Curious what Rogers offered to do for you when you complained.. Did they just offer to send the phone in service? (which is what I assume they would say) Or did they actually offer a swap?

EDIT: Just noticed now my MMS are failing to send. They worked last week. Wtf.

Last edited:

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
You figured right haha. They offered to take it in for service....despite the fact that I repeatedly told them that the phone is fine and that the issue has to do with the firmware. They also suggested that I do a hard reset......i really don't want to do that especially if it hasn't work for others.
They didn't offer a swap but I did get this phone for 0.00 and again, I love this phone so paying the 30 to swap it is mighty tempting. Just don't wanna swap it for a refurb that has other issues......
Just want them to let us know what the heck is going on.
Seriously, why did they release this update??!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
You figured right haha. They offered to take it in for service....despite the fact that I repeatedly told them that the phone is fine and that the issue has to do with the firmware. They also suggested that I do a hard reset......i really don't want to do that especially if it hasn't work for others.
They didn't offer a swap but I did get this phone for 0.00 and again, I love this phone so paying the 30 to swap it is mighty tempting. Just don't wanna swap it for a refurb that has other issues......
Just want them to let us know what the heck is going on.
Seriously, why did they release this update??!

Lol.. Yeah good ol' Rogers. Never good for taking accountability. And yes servicing would be useless. Though if Nokia offered to have me send it in and was able to flash it back to 1308 I would consider it. But then again you'd be phone-less for a few days which can be brutal without a backup. Yeah I don't know that I could be willing to go the hard reset option either since I bricked one already attempting it. I think we're all caught in a catch 22 here and have no choice but to wait for a fix and blast Rogers and Nokia via social media perhaps.

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I actually wouldn't be phoneless as I've got a Lumia 900 sitting at home but I'd really just rather them push out a freaking fix than go through all the trouble of sending it away and losing everything on my phone (apps, games, settings etc etc).

It really is unbelievable that an update was released for a phone that basically disables its ability to be used as a phone haha

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I actually wouldn't be phoneless as I've got a Lumia 900 sitting at home but I'd really just rather them push out a freaking fix than go through all the trouble of sending it away and losing everything on my phone (apps, games, settings etc etc).

It really is unbelievable that an update was released for a phone that basically disables its ability to be used as a phone haha

Agreed 100%. Or at least send out a text alert to NOT update to 1308. For me it's also the saved game progress that's keeping me from swapping or a hard reset attempt. Hope they sort that out in the future too with backups.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Posted, hopefully someone looks at it.
I also suggest everyone does the Nokia support chat and file complaints. I'm doing that now. The more we complain, the more likely this will get the attention it desperately needs

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi, this is off topic but I'm deciding to move to WIND/Koodo just because their plans are cheaper. I'm just worried though since I'm not going to be in Rogers anymore.. Will I still get firmware updates even if WIND/Koodo doesn't carry any Lumias?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, this is off topic but I'm deciding to move to WIND/Koodo just because their plans are cheaper. I'm just worried though since I'm not going to be in Rogers anymore.. Will I still get firmware updates even if WIND/Koodo doesn't carry any Lumias?

Yes. My g/f is using the one I passed down to her on Wind. She got the last Rogers 1308 update. And to rub the salt in my wounds she's had no problems with that update on Wind. It's clearly a Rogers/ATT issue.

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site

I ditched Roger for a special Telus plan we have with my employer. I got the Lumia 920 unlocked from Rogers and I'm happy to report that I did get the stupid update from Rogers so being unlocked does not prevent you from getting the updates...although for this one time I wish it did.

On a side note here, can you believe Rogers tried to slap an 800$ "early termination" fee!! It felt so good to call Roger and "remind" them of our Canadian laws! Ha!!!

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I have a Rogers Lumia 920 using on Virgin Canada.
As long as your device is unlocked, there is no worries.
It will be fully functional (MMS, Internet Sharing, LTE) on Bell/Virgin/Wind/Koodo/Telus etc

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I ditched Roger for a special Telus plan we have with my employer. I got the Lumia 920 unlocked from Rogers and I'm happy to report that I did get the stupid update from Rogers so being unlocked does not prevent you from getting the updates...although for this one time I wish it did.

On a side note here, can you believe Rogers tried to slap an 800$ "early termination" fee!! It felt so good to call Roger and "remind" them of our Canadian laws! Ha!!!

You don't have to update the device. It will prompt you and you can dismiss it.
I did that for a week or so before I decided to jump on board.
No issues here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb