Any Rogers Lumia 920 users got 1308 update?

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a theory. So far, I'm witnessing (even with my colleagues) that issues with Rogers 1308 appears to be happening to Rogers users. Those who have Rogers L920 but on another network (Bell, Telus, Wind, etc) appears less so. It may be that because we use the Access Point app, it is pointing the phone in the correct direction, whereas the Rogers users don't (it should be built in).

Any truth to this?

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a theory. So far, I'm witnessing (even with my colleagues) that issues with Rogers 1308 appears to be happening to Rogers users. Those who have Rogers L920 but on another network (Bell, Telus, Wind, etc) appears less so. It may be that because we use the Access Point app, it is pointing the phone in the correct direction, whereas the Rogers users don't (it should be built in).

Any truth to this?

I have the access point app, after reset Rogers LTE was disabled, I've enabled it. Nothing improved. I'm gonna be tracking my connection after they've reset the network on their end though.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
For anyone with MMS issues go into Access Point in the settings. Just click on Rogers LTE and it will enable the settings.

I enabled it this morning and didn't improve data connections. MMS works fine for me.

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm just gonna deal with it till they release a patch or whatever. I'm through tinkering haha. The data connectivity is annoying but not ruining my experience that badly. Gonna save myself the trouble, relax, await the update and just let it be.

My girl has the exact same phone, same issue but she would've have even noticed had I not told her there was a problem....even after I told her she just rolled her eyes and said I am too caught up in every little detail....and while I think the issue needs to be addressed...shes kinda right. Haha

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm just gonna deal with it till they release a patch or whatever. I'm through tinkering haha. The data connectivity is annoying but not ruining my experience that badly. Gonna save myself the trouble, relax, await the update and just let it be.

My girl has the exact same phone, same issue but she would've have even noticed had I not told her there was a problem....even after I told her she just rolled her eyes and said I am too caught up in every little detail....and while I think the issue needs to be addressed...shes kinda right. Haha

Lol same over here. Passed down my black L920 to my g/f and she couldn't care less about apps, updates and all the latest and greatest changes. She's on Wind and did the update only because I told her to (before I knew there was a data issue for us Canadians too). She doesn't notice a difference but she said that's because her service on Wind always sucks regardless.

I'll be waiting for the fix patiently as well. But my largest annoyance is that I've actually noticed some of my toast notifications and live tiles malfunctioning since my update. And I have a feel these can only be resolved with a hard reset which I will not be doing and taking the chance of bricking my phone. Guess I'll be living with it until July when EOS launches and it's time to upgrade!

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Since update, internet sharing does not work for me :(

Access Point was updated today ttsoldier.
Perhaps it addresses your issue?

And from personal experience, whenever I had a system update, or nokia app that affected my internet sharing/MMS, it sometimes fixed with either TIME (10-15 minutes) and/or a couple soft resets.

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Well.....it's bothering me again and my girl isn't around to distract me haha. I work in the financial district in downtown Toronto. Usually I get full LTE all the time. Since the update it's usually been ok....but yesterday and today...not so much. At lunch I went from full LTE to Edge to nothing...no cellular/data connection for a good 20 minutes. I got fed up and logged into Rogers website and had tech support reset my network or whatever. Seems like that did the trick....for now. Full LTE again.
One thing I should mention though....normally when I turn my phone on and the start screen pops up I'll see a quick flash of the airplane mode symbol followed quickly by the lte symbol. Since the update if I turn the phone on I'll get the airplane mode symbol, then the no connection symbol then lte. Clearly the update messed with how the phone connects to the Rogers network.....yes, stating the obvious here. If you can wait for an update and don't mind the random connection drops and general slow connection (in comparison to before the update which was friggin fast!) just wait......if you are like me though, try rogers live chat through their website.....way less of a headache than calling and so far it seems like they fixed the issue......well, loading websites and what not is still not as fast as it was before the update but at least I'm not losing my connection entirely.

My only hope is that whatever fix nokia pushes out to us doesn't cause any other issues...........oh and I should point out that I just tried to open the FB site through IE and it hangs. And like Lundon some of my live tiles weren't always updating properly.....surely due to the connection issue.

Drag......

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Well.....it's bothering me again and my girl isn't around to distract me haha. I work in the financial district in downtown Toronto. Usually I get full LTE all the time. Since the update it's usually been ok....but yesterday and today...not so much. At lunch I went from full LTE to Edge to nothing...no cellular/data connection for a good 20 minutes. I got fed up and logged into Rogers website and had tech support reset my network or whatever. Seems like that did the trick....for now. Full LTE again.
One thing I should mention though....normally when I turn my phone on and the start screen pops up I'll see a quick flash of the airplane mode symbol followed quickly by the lte symbol. Since the update if I turn the phone on I'll get the airplane mode symbol, then the no connection symbol then lte. Clearly the update messed with how the phone connects to the Rogers network.....yes, stating the obvious here. If you can wait for an update and don't mind the random connection drops and general slow connection (in comparison to before the update which was friggin fast!) just wait......if you are like me though, try rogers live chat through their website.....way less of a headache than calling and so far it seems like they fixed the issue......well, loading websites and what not is still not as fast as it was before the update but at least I'm not losing my connection entirely.

My only hope is that whatever fix nokia pushes out to us doesn't cause any other issues...........oh and I should point out that I just tried to open the FB site through IE and it hangs. And like Lundon some of my live tiles weren't always updating properly.....surely due to the connection issue.

Drag......

Nokia needs to be made aware of this issue, since you are not alone

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Indeed. I'm actually emailing them right now. I read elsewhere that they are already aware of the issue but I figured it couldn't hurt for me to hound them about it as well. The more who do the more they will address the matter with a sense of urgency. Light a fire under'em.

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
no such issues here as well. I have bing desktop on my pc so I know the bing lockscreen is updated correctly each day. you do need a continuous data connection though since it updates the lockscreen mainly soon after midnight and is sporadic if it misses it.

not sure if it'll help, but I had freezes and reboots only when I had Skype installed. I had maybe 4-5 cases of it in the first week? once uninstalled, I haven't experienced it since, not even one random reboot or freeze. that was the preview version of Skype (I haven't tried the final release now).

lastly maybe you have a lemon? nokia has awesome support :eek:rly:

No lemon. I am facing nothing more than many other people do. A simple search to this forum alone will return tones of similar problems.
I replaced the device once the first week I got it due to the same issues, I simply cannot gambling and keep replacing it until I hit the jackpot and get a proper one.

5 other of my friends are with 920s. All of them are facing similar situations. Two of them sent the phone in for repair and end up with a refurbished phone. Now, I imported the device from Canada, in order to be able to use it with T-Mobile USA and I paid $700+, no way I am paid that amount to end up with a refurbished device.

Again, I love the device and I am a Nokia veteran (truly), but come one, Lumia 920 is now a 6 months+ old device already, two MAJOR firmware updates came out since its released, I mean what else they want, at least fix the basic issues, at least. The next major update is rumored for summertime. Even if they manage to address all the issues by then, what good is going to make to people like me who change device once per year, by fall the 920 replacement and other phones will be out making my 920 a buggy thing of the past.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Access Point was updated today ttsoldier.
Perhaps it addresses your issue?

And from personal experience, whenever I had a system update, or nokia app that affected my internet sharing/MMS, it sometimes fixed with either TIME (10-15 minutes) and/or a couple soft resets.

I did update earlier, but same result. Will just have to wait and see....

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

Drag......

Was walking by Royal York today, outside, on the way to get myself a burrito from Chipotle, no connection.... that's after my network was reset.

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I haven't lost my connection since the reset but I'm still experiencing a much slower connection than what I had prior to the update....and I gotta tell ya, a fast connection means more to me than the storage check (I had less than a gig of "other" storage anyway). Everything worked perfectly prior to the update....and for the most part it's still working ok but LTE is noticeably slower when I'm using explorer......push emails aren't coming in "as items arrive" consistently, and the WP Central live tile isn't updating - clearly all of this is due to the connectivity issue. So ya, despite the fact that the Rogers reset brought back the LTE signal....my connection is still slower than before.

Really really wish I had just left my phone alone and not bothered with this update because it was freaking awesome before.

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, got the DOWNgrade to 1308 update. It sucks!
I had a decent phone before. Now I got peak battery discharge at 61.5% per hour, WITH the phone plugged in, while doing some web browsing and trying out apps.
Now it can't maintain WiFi connection. I even turned on the "keep on under screen lock". In order to reconnect to known network I first have to delete the network, then reenter the credentials.

Why does every update from Nokia need to be buggy? Not even after the AT&T users had thus issues, Nokia can't get it right?
I am tired of continuously waiting for fixes and just can't rely on this phone, to the point that now I carry a spare phone in the car.
All the wireless charging, pretty screen and fluid OS mean nothing if the phone is not working. Nokia quality control is a disaster!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the results are different for everyone. My idle drain has gone down to 2%/hr. I can live with that.

I haven't had a reboot or freeze since the update either. Only "problem" for me really is the internet sharing not working. I hardly use it anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb