Any Rogers Lumia 920 users got 1308 update?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps the moral of the story is to not install Access Point for those that don't yet have it installed. Interesting though how at first you could install it as an app then it eventually embeds itself into the settings menu permanently. By then it's uninstallable.

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It's Day 1 of the new FW for me and things are ok so far. Internet sharing works fine. Camera still takes crappy pictures. And Rogers re-installed 13 of their bookmarks back into my IE that I had to delete yet again. Oh, and it reinstalled their stupid One Number "app"...again.

Rogers can die in the ocean but, otherwise, the phone still works like before. So far, so good.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
It's Day 1 of the new FW for me and things are ok so far. Internet sharing works fine. Camera still takes crappy pictures. And Rogers re-installed 13 of their bookmarks back into my IE that I had to delete yet again. Oh, and it reinstalled their stupid One Number "app"...again.

Rogers can die in the ocean but, otherwise, the phone still works like before. So far, so good.

I safely assume you are not a Rogers client.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Meh...mines still working fine. I've had one call that didn't complete...but second attempt worked without issues. I've had this with my S3 as well so I'm guessing its not device related. All SMS, communications, data work flawless. Sorry guys still suffering, it doesn't look like everyone. Hopefully 1314 gets released soon.

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problems as everyone. After the 1308 update, my internet sharing stopped working and the Access point App was broken. After playing with the phone for an hour, I finally found the solution without having to hard reset my phone.

I DELETED the APN settings AND the MMS settings and I turned the phone off and back on again. Then, to my surprise, the access point was working! I was able to choose my carrier which I did.

I then went back to enter the APN and MMS settings manually, I soft-reseted the phone ( Holding volume down and power buttons simultaneously until it vibrates) and went back to activate internet sharing and... VOILA!!! IT WORKED!!!!

And has always worked since!

Try it! It worked for me...

This doesn't make any sense. You can't delete the settings and the access point provider setting supplied are uneditable. - they can only be selected.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
This doesn't make any sense. You can't delete the settings and the access point provider setting supplied are uneditable. - they can only be selected.

the Internet/MMS APN's can only be modified in Carrier section of settings (you're correct, via Access point App you cannot delete). Im assuming he modified the APN settings within carrier section?

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
the Internet/MMS APN's can only be modified in Carrier section of settings (you're correct, via Access point App you cannot delete). Im assuming he modified the APN settings within carrier section?

That's exactly what I did ... I deleted those first ( in: settings ----> Celular....) and then went in the access point app and I activated my carrier.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got my unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 today and am using it on T-Mobile. Apparently, I got the 1308 firmware update, but I don't see the Storage Check feature available in my settings. Am I alone there?

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
check this thread, there is a download link that I've posted already for it
I just got my unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 today and am using it on T-Mobile. Apparently, I got the 1308 firmware update, but I don't see the Storage Check feature available in my settings. Am I alone there?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So... Anyone with more news on the new the firmware ETA? Every new day with these problems is slightly more excruciating for me than the last. :cry:

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Can't be removed. It's embeded into the settings menu. It's not an app.

Does the Carrier APN connection overwirte Access in Settings? Did you try adding the ltedata.apn connection in Access, i dont believe a user/pass/proxy is required.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
check this thread, there is a download link that I've posted already for it

Thanks! I had forgotten that the link for Lumia Storage Check Beta was available, but after I went to bed, I remembered the article up here on WPCentral about it. I downloaded it immediately. Very pleased!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss