Nokia Care Philippines just fooled me!

jtphl

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
With the title, here goes the story,

Bought my phone in HK last December, but after sometime FFC dust accumulated, wrote to Mr. Elop and stated that I am from Philippines and bought unit in HK, at first, only repair - gasket replacement, after a while, unit replacement got approved. To avoid long wait, I told the case manager, PH unit is fine, but he insisted that since its HK unit, so replacement must be HK unit, and he has to bring in HK unit for me. I confirmed on our phone conversation, will that be brand new or refurbished? He said BRAND NEW. I just have to wait for the arrival.

After a week, the so called "Brand New" arrived, so picked it up then went home and it wasn't HK version, its PH version, also discovered its' life timer is not 00:00:00, and stated default instead of BLACK, another thing, IMEI, both *#06# and SIM metal tray are not the same, not to mention the product code printed on metal tray is 059R618 (YELLOW), Black unit's product code is 059R616.

Since this case was endorsed Nokia HQ, I guess my case must be handled by someone on a high post of Nokia Care Division, but why such experience?

On my personal opinion, they tried to mix and match, but forgot to swap out the SIM metal tray, they just got a new polycarbonate body and LCD, after all those are the externals that will make a used phone look brand new.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, actually they have all the right to reject your warranty claim since your item is from HK. It is stated on the first page of the user manual. But lying to you is not right too. However I think you should settle with this unit if it doesn't bring you anymore problem since the replacement is a friendly gesture from Nokia anyways.

jtphl

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I am not okay with such unit, is this a stolen phone??? Since they said brand new then it must be brand new, they said HK unit then it must be HK unit, why all these twist and turns?? Clearly they are trying to fool consumers. And I don't want to be one of those.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
According to the way you think even its a brand new unit, it still can be a stolen unit. They are doing you a favor, although it is not a perfect solution, but its your call.

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I am not okay with such unit, is this a stolen phone??? Since they said brand new then it must be brand new, they said HK unit then it must be HK unit, why all these twist and turns?? Clearly they are trying to fool consumers. And I don't want to be one of those.

Did you get the name of the representative who promised you the brand new HK Unit? I think you should go the one of the Nokia stores to personally talk /complain to the managers there instead of third party representatives who might not know anything.

jtphl

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
HUIME:
What can you say if you're unit came with 2 sets of different IMEI ? on *#06# is different with SIM Metal Tray label. Just accept the way it is? On my part, I am just trying to say that there was some mix and match that happened and forgot to include the SIM Metal Tray, hence, caught red handed. A real brand new phone will have less chance of mismatch IMEI.

CuzinCurly
Yes, I know the name of the person, he's the case manager. By just hearing the position, you know you're dealing with person of high integrity.It's not that I am asking for favors that's out of reality, they offered me brand new so that's it, I even asked for confirmation and yes he said it's brand new. So thinking of the other side, what's the real motive for saying brand new when it wasn't? are they trying to win customer's confidence but sad to say got caught red handed?

I am happy they accommodated by unit, but hey, that doesn't give them an edge or an advantage to play dirty tricks.

First thing in the morning, I'll ask for an explanation and where the real brand new unit is.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just saying, Nokia can well ignore your claim as they did not stand wrong. And as Nokia Philippines, they are not allow to sell HK version anyways. While they are under the same parent company but financially they are independent of each other. If they hand you a HK version, it will breach their own policy as the item in question will be an non authorized sale unit. I dont even know why you would think they will be able to ship you a HK version in Philippines in the first place.

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
HUIME:
What can you say if you're unit came with 2 sets of different IMEI ? on *#06# is different with SIM Metal Tray label. Just accept the way it is? On my part, I am just trying to say that there was some mix and match that happened and forgot to include the SIM Metal Tray, hence, caught red handed. A real brand new phone will have less chance of mismatch IMEI.

CuzinCurly
Yes, I know the name of the person, he's the case manager. By just hearing the position, you know you're dealing with person of high integrity.It's not that I am asking for favors that's out of reality, they offered me brand new so that's it, I even asked for confirmation and yes he said it's brand new. So thinking of the other side, what's the real motive for saying brand new when it wasn't? are they trying to win customer's confidence but sad to say got caught red handed?

I am happy they accommodated by unit, but hey, that doesn't give them an edge or an advantage to play dirty tricks.

First thing in the morning, I'll ask for an explanation and where the real brand new unit is.

I think you should ask for his supervisor or anyone higher than him and file a complaint. You should tell the person with the higher position that you followed what is written in the warranty (that HK units can only be replaced in HK) by requesting for a Philippine unit and the case manager fooled you. It was wrong for him to get your hopes up that he can get you another HK unit when in fact, he can't.

Then ask for a proper, brand new, working unit.

Last edited:

jtphl

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Huime
Yes, Nokia Philippines can ignore that claim, that is if I am directly claiming from Nokia PH, they can always tell me go to Nokia HK, but since this passed through CEO,that might be why they accomodated it. Again, you're right, they have to sell localized version and bringing in of brand new HK unit is a special case meant to be my replacement only. I am not day dreaming to say they must bring in a HK unit, that's what he offered, so I simply agreed and expected to what he said.

Right from the start, I told him, PH unit is fine with me, as long as its brand new, but he insisted to bring in HK unit, so he better stand to his words.

jtphl

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
cuzincurly
First thing on Monday that's what I am going to do, being fooled just doesn't feels right. I really don't understand what's running to his mind to promise something that he at the end didn't fulfill.

jtphl

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
oh yes, I am asking for advice. and I think I got some good advices from fellow members that enlightened me the best thing to do.

batkingnz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
So what ended up happening with this? Currently having a bad experience with Nokia Care Ph myself. My 920 is Philippines new, got it from the Nokia Store in Bacoor, not a flagship store but an authorised Nokia branded store. Two months in, touchscreen stopped working and phone was overheating like mad, Now I'm waiting almost a month for Nokia Care to repair my phone or even provide me a meaningful update.

Do you have contact details for anyone you dealt with here so I could maybe try and push this with someone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro