Okay,i seem to have this super weird problem. I have a Lumia 820 and sometimes when i insert any headphone,the phone doesn't detects it all and sound starts coming out from the phone's speaker,no matter how many times i pull the headphones in and out it doesn't get detected but after i use the stock headphones i got with my phone,it works and soon after all other headphones work...any help?
    03-30-2013 11:29 AM
    Can you tell me how many black rings there are on the plug of the headphones you are trying to use? For reference the Nokia has three black rings. And the make/model of the ones that don't work correctly?
    03-30-2013 12:53 PM
    Also try cleaning the jack out.
    03-30-2013 01:10 PM
    Can you tell me how many black rings there are on the plug of the headphones you are trying to use? For reference the Nokia has three black rings. And the make/model of the ones that don't work correctly?
    Both Nokia's (stock and purity) and apple's have 3 rings and the other which is of Sony has 2 rings but im sure nokia had said their WP8 device supports both types of headphones (AHJ & open terminal ones) :(
    03-30-2013 02:00 PM
    Also try cleaning the jack out.
    I guess it might be but dust is quite less out here..
    03-30-2013 02:01 PM
    Both Nokia's (stock and purity) and apple's have 3 rings and the other which is of Sony has 2 rings but im sure nokia had said their WP8 device supports both types of headphones (AHJ & open terminal ones) :(
    Nokia Lumias do support AHJ and OMTP. The only thing they don't support is Apple's (non-standard) signalling for multi-button controls.

Definitely worth blowing a bit of air into the socket to see if that clears it up, but that wouldn't explain why the stock earphones work.
    03-30-2013 02:46 PM
    Nokia Lumias do support AHJ and OMTP. The only thing they don't support is Apple's (non-standard) signalling for multi-button controls.

Definitely worth blowing a bit of air into the socket to see if that clears it up, but that wouldn't explain why the stock earphones work.
    the thing is stock headphones are not that great,so i don't use them much...apple's do work but the controls of volume (except next song double tap,previous song triple tap) doesn't work like expected...so i guess my headphone jack is fine right? Only might be some dust gone in there?
    03-30-2013 11:13 PM
    Apple volume controls won't work. Only headphones intended for Nokia (or Samsung IIRC) will have working volume controls.
    03-31-2013 04:50 AM
    Apple volume controls won't work. Only headphones intended for Nokia (or Samsung IIRC) will have working volume controls.
    My HTC ones also worked. Actually prefer the HTC headset to the Nokia one, feels more comfortable.
    03-31-2013 05:16 AM
    Thanks everyone for replying,i guess it was dust or something...i called up nokia care and they told me that they will have to keep my phone for inspection for at least 1 week! (that's crazy,i wont be able to do that) Good i realised it before :)
    03-31-2013 06:07 AM
    I'm leaning more towards a software problem..especially windows phone 8

Sometimes when i pause the music, and remove my headphone, the music plays again. It is annoying sometimes when im in a quiet environment. Sometimes when i plug in my headphone, the voice recognition thing comes out. And sometimes, as you mentioned, when i plug in, and play my song it comes out from the loud speaker.

Ridiculous and unreliable.

FYI, I use nokia monster headphone..
    06-04-2013 09:18 PM
    The stock works good on my 720.but ive got another nokia in ears...when i insert the jack of the inears into my phon the sound is quite awkward then...so try not to insert tthe whole jack ..just some part of it....iv been successful woth this
    06-04-2013 10:37 PM
    Slightly off-topic (sorry OP) but just connected up the stock Nonkia headphones and cannot change the volume or pause/change track - Has anything changed in Nokia music or Xbox music? I know there have been software "upgrades"
    Anyone else have this problem?
    06-07-2013 06:41 AM
    For me my Lumia *20 when using wired headphones will only play the music/sound out of the right earbud.
    07-22-2013 03:01 PM
    I've seen this with my Lumia 810. I just plug in another jack an switch between them till it works but definitely a hardware problem
    07-22-2013 03:21 PM
    I faced all such problems but they are not repeatable always, a restart seems to be the work around. after restarting incert the jack and then hit the play...
    09-04-2013 09:42 AM
    I've seen this with my Lumia 810. I just plug in another jack an switch between them till it works but definitely a hardware problem

My Nokia Lumia 810 with Developer Preview has the issue wherein the left headphone speaker only works... It's extremely annoying! Have you found any other solution to your problem? I'm partying mine with Bose headphones. These headphones aren't for Apple products.
    07-02-2014 10:14 AM
    I have an issue where on occasion, I lose sound out of one headphone speaker (using wired). The problem resolves if I reboot the phone. Annoying but not a huge problem. I'm eventually going to get a bluetooth headphone.

My Samsung S3 earbud's inline remote works (volume up/down, pause, play, advance/back). I'm not much of an earbuds person so I've been using a cheapie $10 headphone from a local discounter. There's an inline remote for pause/play but can also get advance/backward to work.
    07-02-2014 09:51 PM